Can AccorHotels Corporate Rates really save you money on your booking?
What are AccorHotels Corporate Rates?Corporate travelers can often benefit from cheaper stays with select hotel brands and this includes AccorHotels. Corporate discounts work by negotiating a discount - if a company has a large footprint in the area of the hotel the discount is likely bigger. The reverse is also true. If you travel for business, it's possible to get a lower rate by booking your Accor stay in advance online using a particular code. Depending on hotel availability, your negotiated rate may not be available on the requested dates and not all corporate codes work with all properties. Corporate rates are usually stated as strictly only for corporate use by employees, so they are to be used at your own risk, especially as you may need relevant ID when checking in. Always check the details of the corporate rate during your booking with AccorHotels. For example, when using the code for Cisco Systems, it states that the negotiated rate is for Accor Contract Holders, "who will be identified as such when you check-in".
How do I use AccorHotels Corporate Rates?AccorHotels uses 'Client codes' that start with the letters SC, SCP, AS and 'Access codes', which are also known as 'Contract numbers'. You need both of these codes in order to make a corporate rate booking. If your company has more than one contract with AccorHotels, there may well be several different Contract numbers. You can easily add the codes to your online reservation from the homepage; when you click on the 'City, Country or Hotel Code' box, it then shows you the option for 'Business Travelers with a Contract', where you can enter both the 'Client code' and the 'Access code': There seems to be very few codes listed online so your best bet may be asking your own company which Client and Access codes you should use. For our tests, we chose the Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square on November 23rd, 2016. It comes out at $257.62 including taxes for the flexible non-member rate or $244.74 including taxes for the member rate: Some of the codes we tried for our test booking worked to give us a discount off the member rate:
- Company Accor ID Code SC372937417 / Contract Number 132903 European Community Global Master $226.71 - save 7% ($18.03)
- Company Accor ID Code SC764146528 / Contract Number 189414 CISCO Systems $231.86 - save 5% ($12.88)
- Company Accor ID Code SC755168127 / Contract Number 354882 Swimming Australia $231.86 - save 5% ($12.88)
- Company Accor ID Code SC743729886 / Contract Number 5000 CGU Presidential Card members $231.86 - save 5% ($12.88)
- Company Accor ID Code SC220905934 / Contract Number TH949GB521 The Law Society of Scotland $231.86 - save 5% ($12.88)
- Company Accor ID Code SC202095022 / Contract Number 32545 Air Canada
- Company Accor ID Code SC211514112 / Contract Number 32545 British European Airways (a company which hasn't existed since 1974 apparently!)
- Company Accor ID Code SC261538854 / Contract Number 25515 White & Case
- Company Accor ID Code SC339032666 / Contract Number 32474 Alitalia
- Company Accor ID Code SC502185510 / Contract Number 887522 Flying Blue Petroleum Air France
- Company Accor ID Code SCP443454 / Contract Number 5000 Tennis Coaches New Zealand
- Company Accor ID Code SCP119637 / Contract Number 230534 (unknown company)
- Company Accor ID Code SC028008980 / Contract Number 32545 (unknown company)