Table of Contents
What are IHG Corporate Rates?
Corporate travelers can often benefit from cheaper stays with select hotel brands and this includes the InterContinental Hotels Group. Corporate discounts work by negotiating a discount – if a company has a large footprint in the area of the hotel the discount is likely bigger. The reverse is also true.
If you travel for business, you can get a much lower rate by booking your IHG stay in advance online using a particular code. These corporate rates are usually stated as strictly only for corporate use by employees, so they are to be used at your own risk, especially as you may need relevant ID when checking in.
How do I use IHG Corporate Rates?
If your company has a preferred corporate account with IHG, you can add the code (also known as an account number) to the Corporate ID box in order to display your company’s preferred rates. Use the ‘Advanced Search’ for your stay on the IHG website and then add the code to the ‘Corporate ID’ box:
You can check the rate rules before you book and also compare the room cost with the Best Flexible Rate for both IHG Rewards members and non-members.
For our tests, we chose the InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile on June 6th, 2017. It comes out at a very high $449 plus tax for the Best Available Flexible Rate or $422 plus tax for the IHG Rewards member rate.
Unfortunately, the following codes didn’t bring up any corporate rates for our test (although some of them did work for other dates):
- 100862437 Ace Hardware Corp
- 100189760 Rutgers University
- 000251321 Bayer
- 54410926 Cisco
- 000136905 EDS
- 100172336 Federal Express Supply Chain Services
- 100190819 Federal Express Ground
- 100857591 Federal Express Freight Viking
- 954105683 Federal Express Freight American Freightways
- 954288433 Federal Express Custom Critical
- 970001266 Federal Express Trade Networks
- 000478113 Loyola University
- 000505056 MBS Textbook Exchange
- 900033305 NWCT
- 100371240 Honda
- 105406 Kraft
However, these corporate codes worked to give us a discount off the Best Flexible Rate for IHG Rewards members for this particular booking:
- 000102806 General Electric – $125 – save 70% ($297)
- 100211707 Lenovo – $139 – save 67% ($283)
- 128554 Motorola – $145 – save 65% ($277)
- 954284898 Dell – $151 – save 64% ($271)
- 128813 Coca-Cola – $153 – save 64% ($269)
- 109568 Bank Of America – $160 – save 62% ($262)
- 000109207 Federal Express Corporate/Express/Services – $225 – save 46% ($197)
- 293512 Walmart – $347.48 – save 17% ($74.52)
- 100857558 Microsoft – $359.20 – save 15% ($62.80)
- 000103772 Ford – $383.90 – save 9% ($38.10)
- 101672 3M – $383.90 – save 9% ($38.10)
- 100183394 Oracle – $383.90 – save 9% ($38.10)
- 000243132 IBM – $383.90 – save 9% ($38.10)
- 000104256 Siemens – $383.90 – save 9% ($38.10)
- 150711 AT&T – $383.90 – save 9% ($38.10)
- 262552 ConocoPhillips – $383.90 – save 9% ($38.10)
- 954409548 Toyota – $383.90 – save 9% ($38.10)
- 100016221 Fujitsu – $383.90 – save 9% ($38.10)
- 108146 UPS – $383.90 – save 9% ($38.10)
- 953100013 Philips – $383.90 – save 9% ($38.10)
- 900000588 Lafarge – $395.12 – save 6% ($26.88)
- 924806 Lowe’s – $395.12 – save 6% ($26.88)
- 954284247 Network Appliance – $417.57 – save 1% ($4.43)
- 888400 Target – $417.57 – save 1% ($4.43)
The following code is actually slightly higher in price than the usual Best Flexible Rate for members:
- 900300707 CAUBO – $426.55 – 1% more ($4.55) per night
What else do I need to know about IHG Corporate Rates?
It’s always useful to compare the corporate rate you’re using with other rates on the IHG website, so you can see exactly how much of a discount you’re getting. In this instance, it really pays to be a General Electric employee to get a whopping 70% discount!
It’s interesting to note that when we tried different dates, some codes worked out much more expensive or much cheaper than in our test booking above, so you won’t necessarily get the same percentage discount each time you use a particular code. For example, for one date in October 2016, the Coca-Cola corporate rate is more than the Best Flexible Rate, whereas in our test for June 2017, the code saves you 64%! Also, just because some codes didn’t work for our test dates, it doesn’t mean that they won’t always work, so try the relevant code for your company each time you need to book on IHG.
FlyerTalk can be be a useful resource for hotel codes and with regards IHG corporate codes, this list shows multiple ones for various businesses. Additionally, Hotel Corporate Codes features more codes to use on IHG. If your business isn’t listed on either of these sites, you could ask HR if there is a corporate code that you can use or even just try a simple Google search.
Keep in mind that many companies are extremely vigilant about codes being abused and if you try to check in without proof that you are entitled to use a corporate code, you could lose your place to stay or end up having to pay the rack rate instead!
Recommended for you:
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents. Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines. You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: american | bank | Bank of America | Booking | BUSINESS CLASS | Chicago | Corporate Rates | discount | discounts | Holidays Inn | hotel | hotel booking | Hotels | IHG | IHG Rewards | members | negotiating | Pointbreaks & more IHG | Rewards | travel | travelers | travels | Walmart