Updated Starwood Corporate Rate Code List for November 2016
What's the Starwood Corporate Rate Code List?
Starwood Hotels & Resortsis one of many big travel brands that negotiates a discount for a corporation's employees. If a company has a large footprint in the hotel area then the discount is likely to be bigger and the reverse is also true. If you're a corporate traveler, you can frequently benefit from cheaper stays at Starwoodpropertiesby booking your stay in advance online usinga particular code. These rates are generally stated as strictly only for corporate use by employees, whomay well need relevant ID when checking in.
We recently published a list of Starwood corporate codesand compared those rates with booking on Starwood without a corporate code. Some codes only work with certain properties and on particular dates, so we wanted to try anothertest booking to see what kind of discount you can get elsewhere.
How do I use the Starwood Corporate Rate Code List?
Ifyour organizationhas a preferred corporate account with Starwood, it's easy toadd the code (also known as a 'SET number' or 'Starwood Preferred Guest Corporate Account number')to your online reservation. Search the Starwood site for your hotel location and dates as usual and then once you've selected your property, you can enter the corporate code in the box marked 'SET/Corporate Account #' and click 'UPDATE':
You can only select four rates at one time, so if Starwood already selected four for you, you'll need to untick one so that you can add your corporate code.
You can check the rate rules and compare the room cost with the Best Flexible Ratefor both Starwood Preferred Guestmembers and non-members.
For our tests, we chose one night at the Aloft Beachwood near Ohio's Cleveland on March 21st, 2017.It comes out at $149 plus charges and taxes for the Flexible Rateor $146 plus charges and taxes for the flexible SPGmember rate:
The results were very similar to our last test. Like last time, these two codesdidn't bring up any corporate ratesfor our test:
However, these corporate codes all worked to give us a discountoff the Flexible Rate for SPG membersfor our test booking:
- 260247 Cisco $112 - save 23% ($34)
- 17885 Harvard $119 - save 18% ($27)
- 9360 General Electric $122 - save 16% ($24)
- 66272 Macy's $122 - save 16% ($24)
- 57464 Accenture - $122 - save 16% ($24)
- 4313 IBM- $122 - save 16% ($24)
- 18000 IBM- $122 - save 16% ($24)
- 5232 PwC- $127 - save 13% ($19)
- 4899 Pfizer $127 - save 13% ($19)
- 4309 UPenn $127 - save 13% ($19)
- 253511 E&Y $127 - save 13% ($19)
- 10053 JnJ $127 - save 13% ($19)
- 30744 UTC $134 - save 8% ($12)
- 253568 APAC $134 - save 8% ($12)
- 2743 MSDW $134 - save 8% ($12)
- 5298 BMS $134 - save 8% ($12)
- 254797 Goldman $134 - save 8% ($12)
- 5105 HP $134 - save 8% ($12)
- 283335 CVS $134- save 8% ($12)
- 8122 Ford $134 - save 8% ($12)
When using any of these following codes, this particular bookingworks outmore expensive thanthe usual FlexibleRate for SPG members (but costs the same as the non-member flexible rate):
- 77377 Oracle $149 - 2% more ($3 more)
- 259552 ATK $149 - 2% more ($3 more)
- 7770781 Deloitte $149 - 2% more($3 more)
- 2754 Deloitte $149 - 2% more ($3 more)
- 296011 DTV $149 - 2% more ($3 more)
- 59009 MSDW $149 - 2% more ($3 more)
- 281403 CPI $149 - 2% more ($3 more)
- 253151 MSFT $149 - 2% more ($3 more)
- 256810 BellSouth $149 - 2% more ($3 more)
- 5444 ATK $149 - 2% more ($3 more)
- 290717 IIDA $149 - 2% more ($3 more)
- 294237 Intuitive Surgical $149 - 2% more ($3 more)
Like in our last test, using this code gives us away more expensive rate:
- 13717 Lufthansa/ Hyatt / IBM $399 - a whopping173% more ($253 more!)
What else do I need to know about the Starwood Corporate Rate Code List?
It's always useful to compare the corporate rate you're using with other rates on the Starwoodwebsite, so you can see exactly how much of a discount you're getting. In our last comparison article, the biggest discount was 18% offtheBest Flexible Rate for SPGmembers for a stay at theFour Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelseaon December6th, 2016. In our new test booking, the biggest discountis slightly higher at 23% off for Cisco employees.
Most corporate codes gave us an 8%or 13% discount.
Don't assume that a corporate code is defunct if it doesn't work for your booking,as with this hotel brand it depends on several factors;your YMMV depending on the property, dates and availability, so if your travel plans are flexible, try another search with your company's corporate code. For instance, Oracle's code gave us a 13% discount in our last test, but in this test, the code gave us a rate that was2% higher than SPG member rate.
Keep in mindthat Starwood can bevigilant about codes being abused and if you try to check in without proof that you are entitled to use a corporate code, you could lose your place to stay or end up having to pay the rack rate instead!