Updated AccorHotels Corporate Rate Code List for November 2016
What's the AccorHotelsCorporate Rate Code List?
AccorHotels is one of many big travel brands that negotiates a discount for a corporation's employees. If a company has a large footprint in the hotel area then the discount is likely to be bigger and the reverse is also true. If you're a corporate traveler, you can frequently benefit from cheaper stays at Accor propertiesby booking your stay in advance online usinga particular code. These rates are generally stated as strictly only for corporate use by employees, whomay well need relevant ID when checking in.
We recently published a list of Accor corporate codesand compared those rates with booking on AccorHotels without a corporate code. Some codes only work with certain properties and on particular dates, so we wanted to try anothertest booking to see what kind of discount you can get elsewhere.
How do I use the AccorHotels Corporate Rate Code List?
You need both a 'Client code' that starts with the letters SC, SCP or AS and an 'Access code' (also known as a 'Contract number') to make a corporate rate booking on Accor.Add the codes to your online reservation from the homepage and then click on the 'City, Country or Hotel Code' box; it will then show you the option for 'Business Travelers with a Contract', where you can enter both the 'Client code' and the 'Access code':
For our tests, we chose one night at the Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills on May 8th, 2017, which comes out at $398.21plus taxes for theflexible non-member rate or $378.30 plus taxesfor the member rate:
Testing the AccorHotels Corporate Rate Code List...
The corporate rate was not available for our test booking for any of the codes; even though each account showed up, the lowest rate shown was the same as the flexible member rate:
- Company Accor ID Code SC372937417 / Contract Number 132903 European Community Global Master
- Company Accor ID Code SC764146528 / Contract Number 189414 CISCO Systems
- Company Accor ID Code SC755168127 / Contract Number 354882 Swimming Australia
- Company Accor ID Code SC743729886 / Contract Number 5000 CGU Presidential Card members
- Company Accor ID Code SC220905934 / Contract Number TH949GB521 The Law Society of Scotland
- Company Accor ID Code SC202095022 / Contract Number 32545 Air Canada
- Company Accor ID Code SC211514112 / Contract Number 32545 British European Airways (a company which hasn't existed since 1974 apparently!)
- Company Accor ID Code SC261538854 / Contract Number 25515 White & Case
- Company Accor ID Code SC339032666 / Contract Number 32474 Alitalia
- Company Accor ID Code SC502185510 / Contract Number 887522 Flying Blue Petroleum Air France
- Company Accor ID Code SCP443454 / Contract Number 5000 Tennis Coaches New Zealand
- Company Accor ID Code SCP119637 / Contract Number 230534 (IEA)
- Company Accor ID Code SC028008980 / Contract Number 32545 (Continental Airlines, which no longer exists)
What's most interesting about these results is that the last four came up as invalid in our last test booking, yet showed up here. Although none of them gave us a cheaper rate, it gives us more reason to not assume that if a code shows as invalid it won't ever work.
What else do I need to know about the AccorHotels Corporate Rate Code List?
It's always useful to compare the corporate rate you're using with other rates on the Accor website, so you can see exactly how much of a discount you're getting. In our last comparison article, the biggest discount was7% offthe flexible rate for Le Club AccorHotels members for a stay at the Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Squareon November 23rd, 2016.In our new test booking, none of the codes gave us a discount.
Don't assume that a corporate code is defunct if it doesn't work for your booking, though, as with this hotel brand it depends on several factors;your YMMV depending on the property, dates and availability, so if your travel plans are flexible, try another search with your company's corporate code.
Keep in mindthat Accor can bevigilant about codes being abused, so if you try to check in without proof that you are entitled to use a corporate code, you could lose your place to stay or end up having to pay the rack rate instead!