Mighty Travels Premium has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Mighty Travels Premium and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
A travel rewards credit card is a great addition for anyone that loves to travel, whether it be for work or pleasure. Choosing the right travel card for you will involve a lot of factors. If you are a member of a loyalty program a branded airline or hotel card might be the right choice for you. However, cards that are not branded might offer you more flexibility in your travels! In order to pique your interest, many of these cards offer some very lucrative perks.
The IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card from Chase is a great option for all of the loyal IHG customers and those who stay at their properties frequently. With this card, you can earn some very lucrative points that could be spent towards your next stay. You can earn 140,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months. Additionally, you can earn up to 25 points per every $1 spent at IHG properties, which include the Crown Plaza, Kimpton, Holiday Inn, and many more. A really good benefit for all the IHG club members is that this card offers an automatic platinum status and some other great perks for stays at IHG properties! The card also comes with a quite low annual fee considering all the benefits.
- Earn 140,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months
– You can earn up to 25 points per every $1 spent at IHG properties. Earn 2 points per every $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants. Earn 1 point per every $1 spent on all other eligible purchases
- $89, waived the first year
Foreign Transaction Fees
– Cardholders will receive an automatic upgrade to IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite Status. On your card anniversary, you will receive a free night which is limited to properties that cost 40,000 or fewer points. Also, for any stay of 4 or more nights, cardholders will receive a free fourth reward night!
Learn more about the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card here
The Capital One Venture card is perfect for you if you are looking for more flexible redemption options because it is not a hotel-branded card. This is a perfect card if you are not a member of a loyalty program and you want to explore your options! It comes with a very good early spend bonus. You can earn 100,000 miles after you spend $20,000 in the first 12 months, or earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months. Looking at the benefits of the Capital One Venture Card, the annual fee of $95 is worth it.
Early spend bonus
– Earn 100,000 miles after you spend $20,000 in the first 12 months or earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months
– You can earn 2 miles per every $1 spent on all your purchases
Foreign Transaction Fees
– You can receive up to $100 application fee credit towards your TSA PreCheck or Global Entry, an excellent perk for all the frequent flyers
Capital One Travel partners:
-Aeromexico Club Premier
-Air Canada Aeroplan
-Air France-KLM Flying Blue
-Accor Live Limitless
-Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
-EVA Infinity MileageLands
-Qantas Frequent Flyer
Learn more about the Capital One Venture Credit Card here
Mighty Travels Premium has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Mighty Travels Premium and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.