How much can an Enterprise Discount Code save you?
What's an Enterprise Discount Code?
Enterprise assigns accountnumbers so that certain customers can get specific discounts. Accountnumbers can be negotiated forcorporate employees (as well as for other Enterprise partners)and with regards corporate rates, with Enterprisethey are oftencheaper than public ones. If your organization is affiliated with this car rental company, you may be able to save on your advance rental by adding the relevant accountnumber to your booking.
Major businessesnot onlyget cheaper rates with aparticular EnterpriseRent-A-Car discountcode,but also sometimesget value-added promotions and special rental benefits.
An Enterprise account number is usuallyalphanumeric, though there areodd alphabetical exceptions. There doesn't seem to be a comprehensive list of codes online, so we scoured the internet to find as many as possible, to see how much you can save. We mainly only found college corporate rates, however, so then tried searching particular companies. The main one to appear was IBM, though searching for codes for many other businesses proved fruitless.
As expected, you can only generally use an account number if you have ID to prove that you're entitled to the rate when picking up your rental, or you could be charged the full daily rate.
How do I use an Enterprise Discount Code?
During your reservation, simply click on the box that says 'Promotion Code or Account Number (Optional)' and enter the relevant code:
Testing theEnterpriseDiscount Code list...
For our tests, we chose a rental picking up at and returning to Minneapolis St. Paul International, January 9th to 12th, 2017. The normal price for an Economy, without using a code and including taxes and fees, came up at an estimated$165.19 when you pay later:
We tried adding a corporate code to the booking to compare prices, and theseaccount numbers found a cheaper estimated rate for paying later:
- XZ24Y01 IBM $137.47 - 17% cheaper ($27.72)
- 53E5000 NC State $148.87- 10% cheaper ($16.32)
- XZ54080 NSHE $148.87- 10% cheaper ($16.32)
- XZ24A19 WSCA $148.87- 10% cheaper ($16.32)
- UCBALUM California Alumni Association $150.82- 9% cheaper ($14.37)
- XZ12450 SA Colorado $155.26- 6% cheaper ($9.93)
- XZCA999CSU - no economy available - cheapest compact $155.79- 6% cheaper ($9.40)
- NACA053 CSU - no economy available - cheapest compact $155.79- 6% cheaper ($9.40)
- XZCA000 Santa Rosa $155.79- 6% cheaper ($9.40)
- 41M0174 CHABAD $158- 4% cheaper ($7.19)
- 10D2095 Franklin Pierce $158- 4% cheaper ($7.19)
- 36A7933 Hawaii State Bar $158- 4% cheaper ($7.19)
- CID2197 IFB $158- 4% cheaper ($7.19)
- 38C5644 OACCA $158- 4% cheaper ($7.19)
- NA35022 Sellstate $158- 4% cheaper ($7.19)
Using this account number, the estimated price was the same as booking without a code:
- ETBX7B Entertainment Book $165.19
This account number came up as invalid:
- 03W107 Augusta
Using these account numbers, the price was more expensive thanbooking without a code:
- NA35012 Sellstate $167.96 (2% more - $2.77 more)
- NASDSU San Diego State University - no economy available - cheapest compact $171.78 (4% more - $6.59 more)
- XZ56TVC TVA $172.07 (4% more - $6.88 more)
- XZ50290 Arizona State $182.23 (10% more - $17.04 more)
- XZ21270 ODU $182.23 (10% more - $17.04 more)
- XZ10668 MassArt - no economy available - cheapest compact $188.34 (14% more - $23.15 more)
- NA24IE1 IEEE EE $192.38 (16% more - $27.19 more)
- XZ10001 Dartmouth College $208.70 (26% more - $43.51 more)
- FGORDRS US Govt $233 (41% more - $67.81 more!)
So while most codes gave us just 4% to 6% off, IBM employees get the biggest discount of 17% off in this test booking:
However, using the US Govt code cost a whopping 41% more!
What else do I need to know about using an Enterprise Discount Code?
Youmay be able to find your company's Contract ID on this handyFatWallet threador by a quick Google search. If you can't find your code, youcould ask HR if there is an account number foryou to use with Enterpriseor contact Enterprise directly.