New Point Break list, 30,000 Starwood AMEX, 50,000 Upgrade to Platinum offer, Banks party like 1999 and Libyan Airlines appeals to kidnappers & More
– IHG has come up with a preview for their IHG Rewards Club Point Breaks list will be posted Monday, October 31, 2016 for stays through January 31, 2017
Holiday Inn Sandton – Rivonia Road, Johannesburg, South Africa
Holiday Inn Express Changzhou Lanling, China
InterContinental Cali, Colombia
Holiday Inn Express Kettering, United Kingdom
Holiday Inn Salerno – Cava de’ Tierreni, Italy
Crowne Plaza Saddle Brook, New Jersey, USA
Candlewood Suites Minot, North Dakota, USA
– reports of a 30,000 Starwood American Express Offer (instead of the regular 25,000) are making its rounds, more on getting those to work in the next post
– so how bad must the situation be that Libyan Airlines actually puts out a statement like this
Libyan Airlines (LN, Tripoli Mitiga) management has threatened to halt all operations unless chief executive Fathi Al-Shatti is returned by a band of unknown kidnappers.
Al-Shatti was violently abducted from his car on Thursday last week by a group of armed gunmen while heading home from Tripoli Mitiga along Airport Road.
Libyan Airlines subsequently issued a statement on Saturday, October 22 blaming Libya’s security apparatus for the incident. It said that kidnapping and extortion had become so endemic in Libya that it could lead to the full-on collapse of the country’s aviation sector.
– Southwest had some interesting results (lower than expected) yesterday
But the results came after a $172 million adjustment for accounting methodology from July 2015 for a co-branded credit card with Chase Bank and a $55 million revenue loss from a technology outage in July. Excluding special items, net income of $582 million, or 93 cents per share, would have exceeded estimates.
– banks are partying like its 1999? At least they are issuing credit cards like it is 2007