Table of Contents
The changes in the pipeline…
Avianca LifeMiles cardmembers have been emailed with the news that changes are on the way in the coming months. A new and improved card will be launched in the US at a date yet to be announced, and no details of the issuing bank have been released so far.
The benefits of the new card…
While subject to changes, the new card is expected to offer benefits such as:
- A welcome bonus of 60,000 bonus LifeMiles with a minimum purchase amount in the first 90 days.
- 2 x 50% discounts on award tickets redeemed for travel to Colombia or Central America from the US.
- A complimentary additional bag between the US and Central America.
- No foreign transaction fees to pay.
- A 15% discount when you buy LifeMiles with ‘Multiply Your Miles’.
The card is also expected to let you earn 3 LifeMiles for each dollar you spend on Avianca purchases, 2 LifeMiles for each dollar you spend at gas stations and grocery stores and 1 LifeMile for each dollar that you spend on all other purchases.
With regards the welcome bonus of the new card, the email states that the exact bonus amount will be determined by your historical level of use of the credit card.