There's a neat idea that trivago has introduced as 'Hotel Testers' – like mystery shoppers, but for hotels!
You pay for your hotel stay as usual and then trivago pays you an incentive after your stay, after you've submitted a questionnaire. You choose the hotel and the incentive in advance – for example, there's currently a Radisson Blu in Liverpool, UK with a £31 incentive if you stay between now and October 20th 2014. The hotel rate is usually £89 on Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com, but as a registered Hotel Tester you pay £89 and then receive £31 back 2 weeks after your stay.
There's currently 20 European cities to choose from. You choose the city and required dates and a list of available test hotels appear. By registering as a Hotel Tester, you'll at least save money on the hotel you book and sometimes this means you get a free night! The questionnaire criteria will include room cleanliness, hotel staff, booking habits, your own personal preferences and more.
Here's some important things to know before registering as a Hotel Tester with trivago:
– You need to be 18 or older
– The preliminary questionnaire takes about 10 minutes and the main questionnaire takes about 45 minutes to complete
– The incentive is rewarded regardless of guests, room type or length of stay
– You can test hotels once per month
– You can test a hotel multiple times but one year apart
– There is no Hotel Tester login page – you register for each test separately
– Bookings must be made on a cooperating site via trivago
– The incentive payment will be made 14 days after submitting your questionnaire
So the next time you need to book a European hotel, check out this site first to see if you can save some money. Post your Hotel Tester success stories below.