Plan Your Next Dream Vacation With Expedia Dot Com
The summertime's on the rise which means it's time to pack your bags, escape the daily chaos, and get away to a peaceful Island in Bali or a beach in Australia- whatever suits you best. Planning an international trip is not a piece of cake. From hotel stays to dinner reservations- You are in charge of everything!
Being in charge reminds us of Expedia dot com, an American travel company best suited for individual travelers and small businesses. The website allows you to manage your entire trip from your home by suggesting the best hotels and flights for your venture.
In this article, we will break down how you can effortlessly plan your trip from top to bottom with the help of Expedia dot com, and we are hoping by the end of the article, you will have your mind made up about your upcoming vacation. So without further ado! Let's jump in.
Introduction To Expedia Dot ComBefore we go any further, let's first talk about what Expedia is. It's an American travel shopping company founded as a part of Microsoft in 1996 but shifted to a public travel company in 1999. In specific, it is a metasearch engine that allows you to book your stays, flights, cars, cruises, and much more with a single click. When you click "search," a comprehensive list of options appears, but you can filter out the most relevant ones. On top of that, the search results show ratings with each option so you can see how the experience of past customers has been.
How To Plan An Amazing Trip Using Expedia Dot Com?
Booking Your FlightOnce you head over to Expedia dot com, you will come across a simple interface like this:
As you can see, multiple options are available above the search bar, and it is up to you to decide which thing you would like to take care of first. Assuming you are looking to book your flight first, click on the flights option and enter your arrival and departure details. Once you hit the search, the site will show the available flight options from 400+ airlines along with their fares and timings. If you want a more specific result, you can use the filter options on the left side of the screen.
After finding a suitable option for your departure and arrival, it will show you the total cost and all the details about your flight before finally checking out.
Getting a Place of Your Choice With Expedia Dot ComNow that you are done with the flight, it is time to decide where you will be staying during your trip. Head over to the search bar and enter where you are heading to. You can be as specific as you want. Once that's done, a list of places you can stay will pop up on your screen.
The best thing here is that you can filter the options depending on your budget and customer rating.
The range is vast, so there will probably be an option for everyone. Once you have decided upon a single hotel, you can view extensive details about them, including different types of rooms available and the amenities. The more you dive in, the more options you will explore. Now you understand how effortless it is to plan your all-around-the-globe trip with Expedia dot com? It has got the features that suit anyone and everyone!
Help Yourself With Hassle-Free Transportation With Expedia Dot ComNow that the arrival and stay are out of the way, it's time to decide how you will be traveling during your trip. Luckily Expedia dor com has it all figured out. It allows you to either book a car for traveling around the city or directly get a ride from your residence to the airport. While entering the details, you can also add your own preferred rental car company or choose to go on with the results showing up.
As usual, the website will show an extensive rundown of available options along with the filters to alter the result to fit your needs.
You can also choose to request any extras, such as a baby seat that will obviously come with an additional cost. While requesting an extra, remember that they are not guaranteed and depend on the availability of the car, but since you will be paying at the pick-up, you won't have to pay an extra penny unless you are availing of the service.
Side Note: Another tip to remember while booking a rental car service is to request collision damage protection because you never know!
Build An All In One Package With Expedia Dot ComWe took you through each section separately, but it doesn't end here as Expedia dot com offers the advantage of preparing an all-in-one package for their customers, including everything from hotel rooms to rental cars. Head on to the packages option and fill in all the required details.
You will be asked where you are leaving to where you are heading. The package is entirely customizable, so you can add or extract anything. Hit the search button, and you are good to go.
While building the package, the pattern that will follow would be:
Deciding your stay> Booking Your Arrival Flight>Booking your returning flight> adding Rental Car service.
At each step, you will have all the required details listed down there and filters to choose the best options for you.
The best thing about building a travel package with Expedia is that there are no cancellation fees. Change of plans? Don't worry; just click cancel and move on with your venture.
Once you are done with all the details, you will get the entire cost of your package before checking out. We guarantee you will see a lesser amount than expected.
Add Fun To Your Trip With ExpediaLet's suppose you are heading to a country for the first time. You must have researched before making up your mind about what the country is best known for. However, how you decide where to experience the best moments is what Expedia lets you do without fuss. Go to the option "things to do" present above the search bar, and you will land yourself on an interface like this. Once you enter the country, you are heading to, Voila! An entire list of fun things you could do there would appear on your screen. Let's suppose you were heading to Istanbul, Turkey. Here are the results you will get. As you can see, the website lists out all the ventures the place is best known for. For example, Istanbul's art galleries and museums are a pleasing sight to visit. Also, have you noticed a little tip that you can get a discount on the traveling fee for every place you visit? If museums and old-school tales are not your cup of tea, then you can try booking a seat at one of their famous theaters and musicals and get a chance to explore the beauty and diversity of other cultures.
Booking Your TicketsOnce you have found an event for you, it's time to get your place reserved. Most of the time, it's hard to book tickets since these places are visited by hundreds of people daily. However, Expedia has the perfect and straightforward way figured out to book your tickets in a few minutes. All you need to do is click on the desired event, and the details will show up in a snap. Go through all the details thoroughly before booking your tickets. The website also shows up the exact location on the map so you can get transportation for your journey too. Once you are satisfied with the details, head on to book a ticket matching your availability. This website has all the available slots listed out, so you don't have to worry about missing anything at all.
Get on a Cruise With ExpediaUnlike other famous travel aggregators, Expedia has something special packed up for its customers. You can book yourself an entire cruise with Expedia Dot Com. Crazy! Right? Head on to the cruise section and add your destination and your departure date. It requires you to enter a date range within which you are expecting to depart so they can find a cruise available within that spectrum. This is because the availability of the cruise is constantly varying, so they can't guarantee if a cruise will be available on a specific date. You can either continue with the details given on the website or inquire further about any question that comes up in your mind. Before booking, they give you a complete breakdown of where your cruise will head, and the expected time it will take. For example, if you booked a cruise in Asia, it would start from Singapore and then Port Klang Malaysia the other day. Moving on, the cruise would head to Penang where you could spend a day at sea, and then got back to Singapore.
There is also a section detailing what will be included in the cruise and what additional costs you can expect. This page lists out as much information as it can so the customers can make their decision with ease. Make sure you are considering very nitty-gritty of details before booking your cabin.
Become A Host With Expedia Dot ComOne extraordinary feature of Expedia we have come across is that it allows you to list any of your properties from tourists around the world. Have a commodious space and want to make some money off of it? Head on to the "list Property" Section on Expedia's official website, and you will be redirected to this page. You can choose to either enlist your property as a hotel or a private residence, and Expedia will find the right guests for you.
And Voila, you are done. Just sit back and relax till Expedia catches some noteworthy customers for you.
Expedia Dot Com - The Good and BadPlanning your next trip with Expedia dot com is definitely worth a try. Here is why:
- Expedia allows you to plan your whole trip in a package which definitely helps set some cash aside. You can choose to pay for your flights, hotel stays, and trips in one go and save a few dollars. According to Expedia, customers save 10% on their trip fare every year on average in the UK while planning their trip with Expedia Dot Com.
- It also offers some really generous payment plans. If you don't want to pay at the time of booking, then you can choose to pay through Affirm, which is a service that allows you to pay in installments.
- Not only that but it is also best known for putting out incredible last-minute deals. These deals consist of everything from a stay in motels of tiny towns to lavish resorts in the hub of the city. It is heard that you can get a deal with as much as 70% off.
- Expedia has partnered up with Air Guard to ensure the safety of the travelers booking a flight through their website. It offers flight cancellation and flight protection policies. You can also choose to add Air Guard Collison damage protection while using their rental car service.
- Since different hotels and airlines are listed on Expedia, different policies are applied. However, you can filter the search results using the "fully refundable" hotels and land yourself on some fantastic options that offer 100% refund.
- Lastly, it also features a loyalty program that allows you to earn points that can be converted into dollars for your future trips. So, the longer you stick around with Expedia, the more discounts.
- Although Expedia's last-minute deals are tempting, it never means that you cannot get yourself a decent discount by booking directly. Some of the hotels listed on Expedia also offer direct booking on their own websites, and their discounts and deals might save you more.
- Expedia's travel insurance is great, but it's the only option. So either you get on board with their insurance, or you are entirely unguarded. With a bit of digging in, you can find some other amazing insurances outside that are more customizable and cheap.
- Airlines are bound to refund if you cancel your flights within 24 hours. Expedia lets you do the same without having to bear the cancellation fee; however, sometimes, the policies set by the airlines can be confusing.
- Once again, most of the hotels listed on Expedia offer their own loyalty program on their official website, which is far more rewarding than Expedia's own loyalty program. So you might want to reconsider your decision.