How to Use the Southwest Low Fare Calendar to Save Money on Flights
The Southwest Low Fare Calendar is one of the best tools to find cheap flights. Let's dive in.
What is the Southwest Low Fare Calendar and how does it work?
The Southwest Low Fare Calendar is a powerful tool that can help you save money on flights with Southwest Airlines. TheLow Fare Calendarallows you to easily search for the cheapest flights on any given day, helping you find the best deals for your travel dates.
To use the Southwest Low Fare Calendar, simply visit Southwest's website and click on the "Low Fare Calendar" option in the "Book" section. From there, you can select your departure city, destination, andtravel datesto see a calendar view of the lowest fares available for each day.
The Low Fare Calendar allows you to compare prices across an entire month, making it easy to find the cheapest days to travel. You can also filter your search by options such asnonstop flightsor specific times of day.
As someone who has used the Southwest Low Fare Calendar to save money on flights, I can attest to its effectiveness. By being flexible with my travel dates and using the Low Fare Calendar to find the cheapest flights, I have been able to save hundreds of dollars on my airfare.
In addition to using the Low Fare Calendar, there are a few other tips to keep in mind when booking with Southwest. First, be sure to sign up for the airline'semail newslettersto receive alerts about flash sales and other promotions. Second, consider booking your flight as early as possible to take advantage of the lowest fares.
Finally, be aware of Southwest's uniqueboarding process, which assigns passengers aboarding groupand allows them to choose their own seats once on the plane. To ensure a goodboarding position, check in for your flight as early as possible, either online or using the Southwest mobile app.
What else is in this post?
- What is the Southwest Low Fare Calendar and how does it work?
- How to access and navigate the Southwest Low Fare Calendar on the website or app
- Options to upgrade
How to access and navigate the Southwest Low Fare Calendar on the website or app
The Southwest Low Fare Calendar is a powerful tool that can help you save money on flights with Southwest Airlines. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to access and navigate theLow Fare Calendaron the Southwest website or app.
- Visit the Southwest website or open the Southwest app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Click on the "Book" section and select the "Low Fare Calendar" option.
- Enter your departure city, destination, and travel dates. You can also select options such asnonstop flightsorspecific timesof day.
- Click on the "Search" button to view the Low Fare Calendar.
- The Low Fare Calendar will display a monthly calendar with thelowest available faresfor each day. You can use the arrows to navigate between months.
- Click on a specific date to view the available flights and fares for that day. You can also filter your search by options such as nonstop flights or specific times of day.
- Once you have found a flight that meets your needs, click on the "Select" button to proceed with booking.
Mighty Travels picked to fly from LAX as an example, and checked out the Southwest Low Fare Calendar for flights to Honolulu in September. As you can see, flight prices ranged from a high of $284 one way to a low of $129. Using the low fare calendar, we managed to find a 15-night round trip for just $129 each way, departing on September 6th.
For a few dollars more, there were several options for shorter trips where one leg would be priced at the slightly higher $133. You can also click the months at the top of the chart to see what offers are in the schedule for other times of the year. For reference, $129 was the lowest we found right up to January 2023.
Options to upgrade
Clicking on the dates you wish to fly out and return and then hitting the ‘search’ button below takes you to a list of flight options. Honestly, it would be super helpful at this point if Southwest were to highlight the cheapest fares that were shown on the previous page. Particularly on this busy route with multiple departures a day, it’s kinda hard to see the $129 fare mixed in with all the others.
The next step brings you to a page where you can opt to upgrade your fare tier. On this particular flight, Wanna Get Away Plus can be added for just $30 more, Anytime is around $80 more and Business Select will require just about double the base fare. Of course, we’re looking for the very cheapest fares, so did not take up the offer.