Southwest just announced an updated bonus for its Southwest Performance Business Credit Card! This is the latest addition to the Southwest card family, so it is a pretty good offer for such a new card. Another benefit of the offer is that if you meet the spending requirement you will earn the Companion Pass.
Table of Contents
Southwest Performance Business Credit Card
Despite a high annual fee, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business card offers a lot of perks for its users to make up for it! This card is perfect for all that use Southwest airlines regularly because you can stock up on a lot of points. Southwest points are fairly valuable, around 1.6 cents each. The points don’t expire and there are no blackout dates or limits on how many points you can collect.
Details of the card and the updated bonus promotion:
- You can earn 70,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months
- Earn an additional 30,000 Rapid Rewards points after spending $25,000 within six months
- 3 Southwest points per dollar on Southwest purchases and Rapid Rewards hotel and car rental partners
- 2 Southwest points per dollar on social media and search advertising purchases
- 2 Southwest points per dollar on internet, cable and phone service purchases
- 1 Southwest points per dollar on all other purchases
- There is a card anniversary bonus of 9,000 points
- You can also get 4 upgraded boardings per year
- Get up to a $100 credit every four years to cover your application fees for Global Entry or TSA Precheck
- You will receive statement credits for your in-flight Wi-Fi purchases on Southwest Airlines, up to 365 $8 credits per year
- You can add employees to your account and earn Rapid Rewards points on their business purchases for no annual fee
- There are no foreign transaction fees
- The annual fee for the card is quite high at $199, and it is not waived the first year
- You can apply here!
The Companion Pass
The Southwest Companion Pass that allows you to bring a designated companion with you for free on any Southwest flight is probably one the best perks of the Southwest Rewards program. You need to earn 125,000 points in a single year. After meeting the minimum spending requirement for the welcome bonus on the Southwest Performance Business Card, you’ll have at least 125,000 qualifying Southwest points, and you’ll immediately earn the Companion Pass.
Recommended for you:
About the author: Mila Kostic is a native of Belgrade, Serbia. After majoring in sociology at the Belgrade University she has been working as tutor and coach. Prior to taking on her role at Mighty Travels, she wrote for a video games, fitness, and health lifestyle website. After starting her work with the Mighty Travels team she discovered her passion for travel and travel writing. Now, she is focused on bringing you the newest travel news. In her portfolio here at Mighty Travels, you can find articles on Airline news, hottest credit card deals, tips and tricks on earning miles and much more. You can reach her at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: airfare | airline | airlines | AIRPORT | Book | Booking | Companion Pass | Companion pass changes | Easy Southwest Companion Pass | Flight | flights | offer | offers | program | promotion | southwest | Southwest Airline | Southwest Airlines | Southwest Airlines credit cards | Southwest card | Southwest Companion Pass | Southwest Credit Card | Southwest credit cards. | Southwest Performance | Southwest Performance Business | Southwest Performance Business Credit Card | Southwest promotion | Southwest Rapid Rewards | travel | Traveling | trip | world