Air Canada just announced a brand new bonus miles promotion. The promotion will be available for a limited amount of time. This is the perfect opportunity to earn some extra miles with the upcoming Aeroplan changes.
Table of Contents
New Air Canada Promotion – Earn Up To 7,500 Bonus Miles
With the new Air Canada promotion members can earn up to 7,500 bonus miles for tickets booked between January 21, 2020, and February 4, 2020.
From their website:
Get ready to see your Aeroplan Miles take off with the airline voted Best in North America. For a limited time, earn up to 7,500 Bonus Aeroplan Miles when you fly anywhere worldwide. Whether you’re flying within Canada or from Canada to the world, don’t miss this chance to earn big!
Details of the promotion:
- In order to be eligible for the promotion you should be a part of the Aeroplan program
- Members can register for this offer between January 21, 2020, and February 4, 2020
- This promotion is valid for bookings between January 21, 2020, and February 4, 2020
- These miles will not count towards Air Canada Altitude
- You can register for the promotion here
North America Bonus Miles – On an eligible round trip or two one-way segments on all routes within Canada, between Canada and the U.S., and to sun destinations:
- 1000 bonus Aeroplan Miles for flights in Economy Standard, Economy Flex, comfort, and Economy Latitude
- 3000 bonus Aeroplan Miles for Flights in Premium Economy, Premium Rouge, and Business Class
International Bonus Miles – On every eligible round trip or two one-way segments on all routes between Canada and Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and South America:
- 3000 bonus Aeroplan Miles for flights in Economy Standard, Economy Flex, comfort, and Economy Latitude
- 7500 bonus Aeroplan Miles for Flights in Premium Economy, Premium Rouge, and Business Class
Air Canada Introducing Aeroplan Status Changes
The number of miles required to reach the different Aeroplan status levels in 2020 to receive benefits until December 31, 2021:
- Diamond—100,000 eligible miles accumulated between January 1, 2020, and February 29, 2020
- Black—50,000 eligible miles accumulated between January 1, 2020, and February 29, 2020
- Silver—25,000 eligible miles accumulated between January 1, 2020, and February 29, 2020
What that means is that in order to maintain the “silver,” “black” and “diamond” membership levels to the end of 2021, members would have to acquire 25,000, 50,000 and 100,000 miles in just 60 days. Specifically, between January 1, 2020, and February 29,2020. As of March 1, members can no longer earn an Aeroplan status. However, if you already earned your status in 2019 it will still be valid through the end of 2020. This is probably Air Canda’s way of killing off the Aeroplan status program in preparation for the new upcoming loyalty program.
Recommended for you:
About the author: Mila Kostic is a native of Belgrade, Serbia. After majoring in sociology at the Belgrade University she has been working as tutor and coach. Prior to taking on her role at Mighty Travels, she wrote for a video games, fitness, and health lifestyle website. After starting her work with the Mighty Travels team she discovered her passion for travel and travel writing. Now, she is focused on bringing you the newest travel news. In her portfolio here at Mighty Travels, you can find articles on Airline news, hottest credit card deals, tips and tricks on earning miles and much more. You can reach her at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: Aeroplan Awards | Aeroplan miles | Aeroplan Miles Offer | Aeroplan Status | Aeroplan’ | Air Canada | Air Canada benefits | Air Canada deal | Air Canada flights | Air Canada frequent flyer | Air Canada promo | Air Canada Promotion | Air Canada Star Alliance | airfare | airline | airlines | AIRPORT | bonus | bonus miles | bonus miles offer | Bonus miles promo | Bonus Miles Promotion | Earn Aeroplan miles | Flight | flights | miles | offer | offers | points | program | promotion | Rewards | travel | Traveling | trip | world