Asia’s new airline start-up Starlux Airlines is offering status match with other airlines high-tier members. Members of their COSMILE program can participate in the promotion. They can apply to have their membership level upgraded based on their status with another program.
Table of Contents
What is Starlux Airlines
Starlux Airlines is an airline startup that has been under development for a few years now. The company is run by Chang Kuo-Wei, who is the former Chairman of EVA Air, and also a 777 pilot. The airline has 10 A321neos on order, the first of which will be delivered shortly, and all 10 will be delivered by 2021. Then the airline also has 17 A350s on order, 5 A350-900s, due to be delivered starting in 202 and 12 A350-1000s, due to be delivered by 2024. Starlux plans to launch long haul operations. Initially, they plan on operating flights from Taipei to Da Nang, Macau, and, Penang as of January 2020.
Starlux Airlines – The COSMILE program
COSMILE is the name of Starlux Airlines’ new frequent flyer program. The COSMILE program has four tiers:
- Traveler – you acquire this tier when joining the program
- Adventurer – After earning 30,000 tier miles or 25 sectors in 12 consecutive months
- Explorer – After earning 50,000 tier miles or 50 sectors in 12 consecutive months
- Insighter – After earning 120,000 tier miles or 100 sectors in 12 consecutive months
Starlux has a distance-based mileage earning chart, so you earn miles based on a combination of the fare class you book and the distance you fly. They also offer elite sectors, and you earn zero for the cheapest economy fares and one sector for all other fares.
Starlux Airlines Status Match Campaign
The Starlux COSMILE program is offering a status match campaign form the very launch of its loyalty program. There is also no restriction on which airline program would be considered for a tier match.
- This application is applied to the high-tier of other airline’s frequent flyer member.
- If you apply before December 31, 2019, the validity of COSMILE card tier will be adjusted to 4 years after approved
- In order to apply for a status match, you will first need to be a member of the COSMILE program.
- You should fill out a Member Card Tier Match Application Form and attach other airline’s valid member card copy and other airline’s flight records in recent years, then email this STARLUX
- Customer Service Center. You can find the form here.
- You should know if you got approved in the 30 days after submitting the request
Recommended for you:
About the author: Mila Kostic is a native of Belgrade, Serbia. After majoring in sociology at the Belgrade University she has been working as tutor and coach. Prior to taking on her role at Mighty Travels, she wrote for a video games, fitness, and health lifestyle website. After starting her work with the Mighty Travels team she discovered her passion for travel and travel writing. Now, she is focused on bringing you the newest travel news. In her portfolio here at Mighty Travels, you can find articles on Airline news, hottest credit card deals, tips and tricks on earning miles and much more. You can reach her at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: airline | airlines | AIRPORT | COSMILE program | Flight | flights | frequent flyer | frequent flyer program | frequent flyer programs | frequent flyers | miles | Miles Flown | offer | offers | points | program | review | Rewards | Starlux | Starlux Airlines | Starlux taiwan | Status match | Status Match Campaign | Status Match Starlux | travel | Traveling | trip | world