American Airlines is targeting accounts of new users with a promotion they had a couple of times during the year. If you’re eligible you’ll get a free Gold, Platinum or Platinum Pro elite status trial. You need to register by September 25, 2019, and your American Airlines status will be valid until December 31, 2019. With the elite status trial, you’ll also have an opportunity to extend the status through January 31, 2021.
Table of Contents
How to see if you are eligible for the promotion?
- Firstly you will need to log in to your account here.
- Next, go to the promotions tab
- If you are eligible for the promotion the offer will be listed there
To extend your elite status through January 31, 2021, you need to meet these requirements to extend your status:
Gold – 7,000 Elite Qualifying Miles and 850 Elite Qualifying Dollars
Platinum – 12,500 Elite Qualifying Miles and 1,500 Elite Qualifying Dollars
Platinum Pro – 20,000 Elite Qualifying Miles and 2,400 Elite Qualifying Dollars
If you weren’t targeted for this offer you can still get a free checked bag and priority boarding with American Airlines cards.
How to setup you American Airlines account
Having an American Airlines account is free and anyone can have it.
- Choose “Join AAdvantage” on the American Airlines Website – On the “Log in” area of the page, you’ll see a link that says “Join AAdvantage” (AAdvantage is the name of the American Airlines loyalty program)
- Next, you will need to enter your personal information like birth date, name, gender, address and more. You can also enter your travel preferences, like a home airport and whether you’re a window or aisle kind of person.
- Enter your security details – Create your username, password and answer your security questions
- You are good to go – start earning your points!