The British Airways Visa Signature Card is one of Chase’s co-branded airline credit. They just announced two major changes. Award taxes and fees are the main reason people overlook British Airways when flying to Europe. These new changes just might change your mind.
Table of Contents
Current Card Benefits
- Earn 50,000 miles after spending $3,000 within the first 90 days.
- Earn an additional 50,000 miles after spending $20,000 within the first year
- Every calendar year you spend at least $30,000 you will earn a Travel Together Ticket. This is good for two years.
- The $95 annual fee is NOT waived
- Earn 3 Avios for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases
- Earn 1 Avios for every $1 spent on all other purchases
New Statement Credit for Flight Taxes and Fees
Cardholders will be able to earn up to $600 in statement credits per year. These will be triggered by the taxes, fees, and surcharges on award bookings. The credit depends on which class you book into:
- Get a $200 credit for a British Airways first or business class booking
- Get a $100 reward for a British Airways premium economy or economy booking
You can earn up to 3 credits per year. So the maximum would be $600 on 3 first or business class bookings.
Earn 2x Avios On Hotel Purchases
Currently, the British Airways Visa offers 3x Avios per dollar for airfare purchased with British Airways and 1x Avios on all other purchases. The British Airways Visa now offers 2x Avios per dollar spent on hotel stays. Just book directly with hotels and you’ll receive 2x Avios.
Recommended for you:
About the author: Mila Kostic is a native of Belgrade, Serbia. After majoring in sociology at the Belgrade University she has been working as tutor and coach. Prior to taking on her role at Mighty Travels, she wrote for a video games, fitness, and health lifestyle website. After starting her work with the Mighty Travels team she discovered her passion for travel and travel writing. Now, she is focused on bringing you the newest travel news. In her portfolio here at Mighty Travels, you can find articles on Airline news, hottest credit card deals, tips and tricks on earning miles and much more. You can reach her at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: airline | British Airways | BUSINESS CLASS | Card | credit | fees | Flight | hotel | miles | offers | travel | Visa Signature Card