– Indigo Partners is not messing about with the technically bankrupt WOW air and is retiring the WHOLE long haul fleet
Instead Indigo is applying their true and tested short-haul model to WOW air and buying their brand equity and existing operations for less then (my estimate) $10 million.
The company plans to invest up to $75 million depending on how the benchmarks develop when the short haul operations are run according to their playbook.
Indigo Partners investments typically turn out as bare bones, not customer friendly airlines but they typically have new planes, low fares with high fees (though carry-on fees are not always charged).
– a big indicator that the South African short-haul network is profitable but the airline struggles to turn many long-haul operations profitable
The solution? Get a (deeper) partnership with Emirates, which excels at getting the long-haul model right and, just codeshare with them – smart play if they actually get the integration right.
– Aerolineas Argentinas is offering a status match from many airline and hotel programs (!) to Skyteam Elite status until December 21 (today!)
As you’d expect with the airline the login system is down and you can’t register for an account anymore.
– if you haven’t heard of Green Africa Airways from Nigeria – don’t worry barely anybody has; but they just ordered a cool 100 planes form Boeing
– Singapore Airlines is discounting some awards for flights in February including the direct Singapore to Los Angeles flights that are available for 61,500 Singapore Airlines Krisflyer miles – just keep in mind the rather nasty A350 Business Class seats
– Air Italy is going full force with new flights to the US adding Chicago and Toronto after Los Angeles and San Francisco
Recommended for you:
- Xiamen Air Economy Review Hong Kong (HKG) to Xiamen (XMN) and Nanning (NNG)
- Photo Review : BlueSky Executive Lounge Jakarta CGK – Soekarno-Hatta International Airport
- new IHG PointBreaks list, Singapore Airlines cuts Honolulu route, Virgin Atlantic buying FlyBe?, Hulu for just $1/month, 70,000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus offer and United discounted awards to Europe
- Shanghai Airlines & Emirates new Business Class, Etihad cancels Dallas, AMEX kills OPEN, Wizz Air growing pains, Delta throws $38 million at political correctness
- Delta to start Lagos service, Qatar adds meal pre-booking options and 18,000 Avios for $187
- Air China Economy Class Review Ningbo (NGB) to Ulaanbaatar (ULN)
- Man breaks into Phoenix airport, activates emergency slide by accident
- Emirates First Class A380 Review Dubai (DXB) to Los Angeles (LAX) EK215
- Excellent Volotea sale, South East Asian LCC market consolidating, Norwegian cuts back in the North East, will Boracay be closed?, fly Air China in style between Houston and Panama soon
- KLM Business Class Review (new cabin) Kuala Lumpur (KUL) – Jakarta (CGK) 777-300ER and Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge KLIA Review
Questions, corrections, ideas about this article? Catch us on Twitter @mightytravels
See how to save $190 on ANY airfare ticket with Mighty Travels Premium
. Plus get 95% off Business and First Class fares with Real-Time Mistake Fare Alerts
Start your 30 Day FREE TRIAL now.
Want free upgrades, free breakfasts, free hotel credit & VIP gifts on ANY luxury hotel stay? Get these free benefits when you book with luxury travel concierge
for the same price as the hotel’s own website. Use code MT19 for an extra 10% off
your first booking.
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: Best Airline | biggest airline | cheep airline
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |