Qatar adds free WiFi, 20,000 AAdvantage bonus miles w one flight, Lufthansa gives up on Alitalia, 60,000 Hawaiian miles with one credit card, Ethiopian adds Los Angeles to Togo non-stop!
– fantastic news if you have a Qatar flight to the US coming up – the airline is offering free broadband WiFi on many US flight (but not on their 777 yet)
Business and leisure travelers on select U.S. routes can now enjoy free unlimited high-speed broadband connectivity throughout their entire flight when they book their tickets on qatarairways.com from October 15th through November 14th. The ‘Super Wi-Fi’ facility was recently introduced on select flights from Washington, D.C., Chicago and New York, granting passengers seated in any class access to unlimited Wi-Fi capabilities during long-haul journeys onboard the award-winning airline.
Qatar Airways Senior Vice President of the Americas, Mr. Eric Odone, said: “As one of the fastest growing airlines and greatest innovators in the industry, Qatar Airways’ commitment to expanding onboard, technological advancements and providing superb service is paramount. Since the roll out of ‘Super Wi-Fi’ in April, we noticed positive reception across our eligible routes. Thus, we are thrilled to now offer ‘unlimited Wi-Fi in the sky’ to our Chicago, Washington, D.C. and New York customers, as they will have access to rich content without restriction – perfect for both leisure and business.”
Can everyone else please match this 🙂
– American Airlines has some seriously cheap fares to China from many departure airports in the South/ South-East – these can be booked via AA vacation for almost the same price and will earn you a 20,000 bonus AAdvantage miles plus plenty of elite qualifying miles
– apparently the Italian government will not allow a complete restructuring (i.e. cancellation of many unprofitable EU/ and domestic routes) after a bankruptcy/ takeover and Lufthansa is the first to withdraw their bid – I’m not sure anyone will bid for Alitalia with these restrictions
– Hawaiian Airlines and bank of Hawaii are now offering a 60,000 miles Business credit card – a good offer even if Hawaiian Airlines miles only have a limited use case
– Ethiopian is building their hub in Lome, Togo and is now adding traffic from Los Angeles 4x a week on their 787 to it – brilliant move!