Icelandair saves WOW Air before it crashes, Qatar finally bringing QSuites to the West Coast, Etihad Guest double miles, Japan Airlines finally adds Seattle and JetBlue introduces household accounts
– Icelandair is taking over WOW Air – so far no big surprise as both serve a rather small market but the shocking news – the WOW Air shareholders will just get 5.4% of Icelandair based on a $17 million valuation for an airline with as many long-haul destinations – that’s terrible!
This is a smaller price than what Lufthansa paid for bankrupt Air Berlin routes (and likely older planes but better leasing terms).
– after long last Qatar is adding the QSuites to the Los Angeles route starting Feb 4th, 2019
It’s been perplexing to me that tiny destinations like Pattaya get a brand new 787 but New York and Los Angeles (supposedly great markets for Qatar) got stuck with old Business Class. Happy to see that changing!
– Etihad Guest is jumping into the year-end status game and is offering double points for Business Connect members and the Etihad Guest accounts
– Japan Airline sis starting service to Seattle – I can only wonder what took them so long – Alaska Airlines has plenty of routes and can deliver plenty of ‘feed’
– JetBlue now allows you to ‘pool’ points with friends and family – the program seems to work very similar to what British Airways Executive Club does and Lufthansa’s Miles & More