– I always wondered why Norwegian left the German market to Eurowings and never attempted to start flights from Europe’s biggest economy to the US
One reason may have been the high departure taxes (but that is true for the UK too) but now Primera is eating their lunch and adding flights on their narrow-body planes from Berlin (Tegel) to New York, Boston and Montreal. New York will be pushing their range in winter (with strong headwinds) and they likely have to take drastic load reductions.
– Hong Kong Airlines is rolling out the newest Super Diamond seat from Rockwell Collins (an enhancement to the original Zodiac design)
The A350s going to Los Angeles and Bangkok will get it first. Many of you will have a chance to enjoy it soon – thanks to the lovely $586 RT Business Class fare.
– Osaka Airport has always been prone to serious flooding in any typhoon event – and so it happened earlier today – but that a tanker would run into the main bridge connecting it to teh mainland – that is just bad luck
Let’s hope it can be fixed soon – the typhoon is supposed to have left the area in a few hours.
– Royal Air Maroc is adding Miami (after D.C., New York and Montreal) as their fourth North American destination
While I have yet to fly Royal Air Maroc their 787 Business Class is getting good reviews. It is bookable for just 44,000 miles with Etihad Guest miles (one-way) from these gateways all the way to their African destinations – an excellent deal!
– Air Mauritius has quietly been upgrading their old fleet of A330/A340s and introduced new A350s with the new Stelia Solstys III
Air Mauritius can still be booked with Air France Flying Blue or even Delta Skymiles (on certain Air France codeshare routes)
Recommended for you:
- Updated Bandung City Guide, 3,000 Miles to test drive an Audi, Air Berlin cancelling flights to Abu Dhabi and beyond, Hong Kong Airlines announces London, San Francisco and New York, Norwegian to run out of cash soon?
- 35,000 Starwood American Express card, London to Bali and Australia $1,188 Business Class, Norwegian ready to launch Ireland flights, Air Berlin schedules San Francisco flights
- My Favorite Flights and Award Redemptions for 2017
- Our favorite fares for today, LEVEL adds Paris routes, Qantas opens LHR lounge, Orbitz 15% off, AAVacations $100 off any package
- awesome AMEX spend bonuses, Copa Business Class goes lie-flat, Hawaiian launches Boston flights, will there be a new European LCC?, cheaper Singapore Airlines Business Class awards, Flying Blue now books Air Tahiti Nui
- $73 transatlantic fares with Norwegian, $222 Honolulu to Kuala Lumpur, 50% bonus Flying Blue, Delta buying up AeroMexico, the better way to apply for a Citibank credit card
- $580 Business Class US – Asia, improved Qatar availability for redemptions, will Blackstone rescue JetAirways?, Air India’s spare art troubles, Chase drops Korean Air Skypass (or is it the other way round)?
- East Africa to Canada in Business Class $1,886 RT, Uber flat rate packages, Norwegian new routes from Bergen, Air France invests in Air Côte d’Ivoire
- What’s the best use of 20,000 United Mileage Plus Miles?
- Lufthansa to buy Norwegian?, India’s Vistara to add international destinations, Air Belgium planning US flights, new sleeping facilities at Abu Dhabi airport
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: Air France | Air Mauritius | airlines | AIRPORT | american | BUSINESS CLASS | Etihad | flights | Hong Kong Airlines | miles | New York | Norwegian | Primera
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |