Primera starting Berlin base, Hong Kong Airlines & Air Mauritius improve Business Class, Osaka Airport flooded badly, Royal Air Maroc Business Class deals
– I always wondered why Norwegian left the German market to Eurowings and never attempted to start flights from Europe’s biggest economy to the US
One reason may have been the high departure taxes (but that is true for the UK too) but now Primera is eating their lunch and adding flights on their narrow-body planes from Berlin (Tegel) to New York, Boston and Montreal. New York will be pushing their range in winter (with strong headwinds) and they likely have to take drastic load reductions.
– Hong Kong Airlines is rolling out the newest Super Diamond seat from Rockwell Collins (an enhancement to the original Zodiac design)
The A350s going to Los Angeles and Bangkok will get it first. Many of you will have a chance to enjoy it soon – thanks to the lovely $586 RT Business Class fare.
– Osaka Airport has always been prone to serious flooding in any typhoon event – and so it happened earlier today – but that a tanker would run into the main bridge connecting it to teh mainland – that is just bad luck
Let’s hope it can be fixed soon – the typhoon is supposed to have left the area in a few hours.
– Royal Air Maroc is adding Miami (after D.C., New York and Montreal) as their fourth North American destination
While I have yet to fly Royal Air Maroc their 787 Business Class is getting good reviews. It is bookable for just 44,000 miles with Etihad Guest miles (one-way) from these gateways all the way to their African destinations – an excellent deal!
– Air Mauritius has quietly been upgrading their old fleet of A330/A340s and introduced new A350s with the new Stelia Solstys III
Air Mauritius can still be booked with Air France Flying Blue or even Delta Skymiles (on certain Air France codeshare routes)