– battered Osaka’s Kansai airport has partially re-opened with transport links still mostly cut and just one Terminal operational
– I actually thought they will make that work – but now Norwegian is dropping their (still relatively new) Singapore route
Norwegians fleet plans seem a bit more in touch with reality lately:
Norwegian is also looking at selling all Airbus A320neo it has on order, CFO Geir Karlsen was quoted as telling the investors by Reuters. According to the ch-aviation fleets module, the group has sixty-five A320neo and thirty-five A321neo(LR)s on order with the manufacturer. The carrier could either sell the A321neo or place them with the nascent Norwegian Air Argentina (DN, Buenos Aires Aeroparque) unit.
“The problem is not to sell them but to get the price we want. Hopefully, by the end of the year we should be able to disclose news on a transaction,” Karlsen said.
– Gulf Air is rumored to start service to the US East Coast with their new 787 deliveries next year
– airBaltic is teasing long-haul operations (it currently has none) – I can certainly see that happening – they do have a good regional ‘feed’ but it may be better to get someone like Norwegian to do the long haul marketing and branding
– LOT is planning to fly Miami to Warsaw soon
– last but not least IndiGo is now planning a London Gatwick flights with their new A321neo from New Delhi
IndiGo is surprisingly solid operation and may launch this long-haul with fares under $99 Round Trip.
Recommended for you:
- My Favorite Flights and Award Redemptions for 2017
- Lufthansa to buy Norwegian?, India’s Vistara to add international destinations, Air Belgium planning US flights, new sleeping facilities at Abu Dhabi airport
- Qatar and Asiana emergency landings, 40% off Hilton Asia-Pacific, Etihad kills AirBerlin, AirBaltic sale, Sri Lankan adds Gan island & more
- 40,000 JetBlue Barclays card, IndiGo COO under fire, Air India mauling 787 for spare parts, Norwegian adds more London to New York flights, Qantas says goodbye to 747 and your Greece holiday plans to be changed?
- IndiGo’s huge Airbus A320neo Order
- Norwegian Air launches a new US Credit Card
- Lie-flat Business Class Fares Africa to Canada $400 One-way – Part II – Gulf Air Business Class Review Khartoum (KRT) to Bahrain (BAH) A320
- Indigo has 1,000 daily flights now!, Lufthansa’s new Brussels Airline strategy, $9.99 one-way rentals for most US airports, Singapore back in the black
- Cuba travel, 50% off Gulf Air, RwandAir’s bullish plans, Emirates Business Class lounge renovation & KLM restarts Teheran service
- Norwegian Economy Review 787 from Oakland (OAK) to Stockholm (ARN) and then Stockholm (ARN) to Oakland (OAK)
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: airBaltic | AIRPORT | Flight | flights | Gulf Air | IndiGo | Kansai airport | Norwegian
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |