$580 Business Class US – Asia, improved Qatar availability for redemptions, will Blackstone rescue JetAirways?, Air India’s spare art troubles, Chase drops Korean Air Skypass (or is it the other way round)?
– surprisingly there are still reports about people able to book the amazing $580 US – Asia (we informed subscribers a few minutes after it became bookable) Business Class Round Trip that Hong Kong Airlines published yesterday
Does that mean it will be honored? We shall see…
– apparently Qatar Airways has opened up more availability for their excellent Business Class product to partners again (it had become incredible scarce as of late).
Qatar Airways Business Class (non-Q-Suite) 777 product isn’t lie-flat (but almost) but surprisingly spacious. It is the only product they fly to Texas or the West Coast currently. American Airlines AAdvantage 70,000 Business Class awards to Asia and the Middle East are the best way to take advantage of them.
What’s lovely is that Qatar/ Malaysia Airlines/ Cathay Pacific and SriLankan are now searchable on aa.com. The caveat is that the ‘over-water’ carrier is typically shown as American Airlines and then regional flights are attached. This might be a restriction on how AAdvantage calculates valid fares the enable a redemption.
– JetAirways is desperately looking for cash and selling a minority stake to Blackstone may enable it to raise $200 million – loyalty programs that become to far detached from an airline aren’t worth much so Blackstone better make sure Etihad (which owns 50.1%) is serious about keeping Jet Airways afloat.
– I had a surprisingly good trip in Air India Economy Class this week (Review to come) but the airline now has almost one fourth of their fleet grounded because of missing spares – is that for real?
– I always found the relationship between the restrictive/ closed up Korean Air SKYPASS program and free wheeling points transfer programs odd – now Chase and Korean Air have decided to terminate their partnership ending Aug 25th
Recommended for you:
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents. Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines. You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: AAdvantage | Air India | airline | airlines | Airways | american | American Airlines | American Airlines AAdvantage | Asia | awards | BUSINESS CLASS | Business Class US | cathay | Cathay Pacific | Chase | Economy Class | Etihad | flights | Hong Kong Airlines | improved | India | Jet Airways | Malaysia | Malaysia Airlines | pacific | points | Qatar | Qatar Airways | review