Singapore Airlines adds more direct US flights, Expedia 10% off code, Aeroflot adds A350, JetBlue bullish on A220, Ethiopian Airlines African hegemony dreams, Booking busy HotelsCombined
– Singapore Airlines has announced to run their A350 ULR to Los Angeles (no surprise there) and add yet another San Francisco flight
With this San Francisco will have four daily non-stops to Singapore. Sounds a little much but Los Angeles has way more than four daily Hong Kong departures.
Currently Business Class saver awards can be booked on those new routes using Singapore Airlines Krisflyer miles.
Note that the seat on the A350 in Business Class is pretty miserable (given our high expectations for Singapore Airlines).
– Expedia has a 10% off code for most hotels (typically chains are excluded yet Starwood and Hyatt properties are included) use code HOTEL10
– apparently Aeroflot is getting into the A350 game as well which would unlock a number of new routes to the US for them
– the price must have been right – JetBlue has ordered 60 A220 before they ever saw one
– Ethiopian Airlines continues to buy up airlines in Africa – this time it is Eritrean Airlines
– Booking.com has bought HotelsCombined a hotel meta-search veteran – we will likely see the technology used by Kayak or vice versa soon