new IHG Pointbreaks list is out, Delta’s 50% bonus promo, JetBlue restructuring, deadly beach umbrellas coming for you?
– while Jetblue has a great product it does not have (as) extensive codesharing with other airlines and has trouble competing with ULCCs – now the company is getting into a major cost cutting effort
– Delta is running an interesting promotion that gives you 50% more miles on all partner activities
Registration is required and it is potentially targeted but the registration confirms seemingly for everyone.
The promotion is great if you book AirBnB through the Delta portal (there is no reason not to) also increases partner flight earnings.
– American express has another one of those $200 off $1,000 purchase for Qantas (there are also Air France and Delta offers right now)
Remember it is only valid for purchases on the airline website and must be flights from the US.
– I myself have been hot by an uplifted pool umbrella in Tokyo a few weeks ago – some blood was spilled but nothing serious – apparently (or maybe it is just reported more) there have been a number of such accidents already this summer season
– the new IHG PointBreaks list is out
If it matches your travel plans the 5,000 and 10,000 points hotels can be a great deal. Seemingly IHG is applying an ‘internal valuation’ of 1 cent per IHG Rewards Club point – so most 5,000 points deals are in second/third tier cities in the US/Turkey/China where room rates are around $50 anyways. The 10,000 points represent $100 and 15,000 a $150 room rate. This can be a quite normal low season rate even Intercontinentals (i.e. the Intercontinental Doha is cheap in summer and so is the Intercontinental Buenos Aires in winter).