– self policing works – well at least in the case of AirBnB
Japan has a new law that comes into effect and requires hosts to register and be licensed. Fair enough. But AirBnB just dropped 80% of their rentals in the country and cancelled all the reservations with it.
If you have a trip with AirBnb to Japan coming up make sure the reservation is still intact or plan alternative accommodation now!
I find it odd that AirBnB is hiding behind regulation and barely throws its weight around to protect and safeguard travelers (as it usually advertises).
– is RwandAir’s dream to fly to the US coming true this year?
We will likely see a codeshare on a partner first – still that would be great to give the airline feed for their growing African network.
– WizzAir is giddy for a base at Tel Aviv airport potentially before Ryanair achieves this feat
Ben Gurion airport can be rough for travelers with it security requirements or it can be just wonderful. However it is cost efficient and a base so far south would enable the many sun hungry (Eastern) European Wizz Air customers a host of destinations their planes can’t reach from Europe directly.
– I mean really the best name Marriott could come up with for their new, more stylish Sheraton coffee shops are ‘Coffee Bar Bar’ (not a typo!)
I love Marriott for the way they execute and how well properties are run but I thought all these creative Starwood types also get a say in the new enterprise. It seems this is a failing part of the merger.
However the major $500 million revamp of the many old Sheraton’s is badly needed and often ANY change will be a net positive.
Recommended for you:
- Emirates – the end of a success story?, Air Canada drops Aeroplan, an ANA 787 in trouble, 30% off Starwood/ Marriott in Africa, Delta’s changes at LAX and it’s fleet, Ryanair to go big in Frankfurt & More
- My experience in Seoul, South Korea
- Earn 70,000 Bonus Miles with the CitiBusiness AAdvantage Card
- Tips on Maximizing your US Airways Miles Before the Merger
- The 16 Things I Learned about the Canary Islands (Gran Canaria and Tenerife)
- Lufthansa & Etihad to merge?, new Centurion lounge, 50k Chase United card, a Cheap way to New Zealand, Cathay cutting further, 3,000 bonus points per Marriott stay & more
- Interview with Faith Case from milesmomma.com
- Where to Live and Work as a Digital Nomad – Part V Europe
- What is a BRG – an introduction
- Singapore Airlines launches Krispay, Aimia under attack, American’s falling profits bring back free carry-ons in basic Economy, Air Asia sees no limit to growth
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: AirBnB | airline | AIRPORT | coffee shops | dream to fly to the US | European | Japan | Marriott | merger | Ryanair | travelers
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |