– Volotea has released a number of awesome deals between a number of city pairs they serve (primarily Spain, Italy and France)
Many routes price out under $50 Round Trip – some of these routes are very expensive (unless there is existing Ryanair service).
– is the South East Asian LCC market consolidating? The Singapore Wealth fund seems to think so and just sold their VietJet stake
– Norwegian is learning the hard way that international travel from secondary and tertiary airports does not work (unlike US and EU domestic travel)
The airline is cutting frequency and destinations for their 737MAX transatlantic service from several North-Eastern cities to the UK and Ireland.
– what an odd decision Boracay will be closed for six months for a cleanup – better environmental protection may be a better idea
For now I’d assume this is a talking point but it may actually be enforced…
– Air China is starting service between Houston and Panama City soon – this might be a good time to use your EuroBonus points as it allow redemptions 50,000 in Business Class or 70,000 in First Class for the Round Trip (or a one-way at 60% of the cost)
Singapore Airlines Krisflyer and United Mileage Plus just have slightly higher redemption rates.