– Etihad is counting on Hong Kong Airlines as a major codeshare partner for flights form the US West Coast
Hong Kong Airlines began Airbus A350 flights to Los Angeles December 2017 and launched service to San Francisco March 25, 2018. Etihad cut its service to San Francisco and reduced flight frequencies to Los Angeles from daily to 3X-weekly flights.
Hong Kong Airlines and Etihad began codesharing in 2014. Under the agreement, Etihad placed its code on flights from Hong Kong to Bangkok and Okinawa, Japan. In return, Hong Kong Airlines placed an HX code on Etihad Airways’ triple-daily flights between Abu Dhabi and Bangkok, with two additional routes connecting Abu Dhabi to Madrid starting March 29, 2015 and to Hong Kong beginning June 15, 2015.
You can already earn Etihad Guest miles on Hong Kong Airlines flights.
– Air New Zealand is launching more flights to Australia after the end of the Virgin Australia partnership
Flight to most cities in Australia should be Air New Zealand’s main business – I never understood why they would need a partner for that. There are only so many cities in Australia and most are in easy reach of an A320 from New Zealand.
Virgin Australia just survives because of the strength (and remoteness) of the Australian Economy – it is too small a carrier with too little a feed to survive anywhere else.
– I never really understood Plenti – always seemed way too much work for limited payoff – now the platform is shutting down
We are writing to let you know that the Plenti program will end on July 10, 2018. At that time, any unredeemed Plenti points will expire. You should use your Plenti points by July 10, 2018.
Recommended for you:
- Etihad Business Class Review Los Angeles (LAX) to Abu Dhabi (AUH) 777-300ER – A skeleton operation
- Etihad restructuring cargo operations, finally there is a cheap e-Visa for Americans visiting Brazil
- Hong Kong Airlines cutting all Flights to the US
- Radisson adds Phu Quoc resort, Alaska Mileage plan for Finnair flights, more love from Hong Kong Airlines, Ethiopian signs yet another hub, Icelandic airlines in trouble?
- Redeem airberlin topbonus miles on Etihad flights again (but only in Economy and more restrictions)
- Primera starting Berlin base, Hong Kong Airlines & Air Mauritius improve Business Class, Osaka Airport flooded badly, Royal Air Maroc Business Class deals
- Airport Authority Impounds Hong Kong Airlines Jets
- Virgin consolidates loyalty currencies, Delta 24,000 award sale to Europe, Getaround’s massive funding, Air Canada gets a sweet deal for Aeroplan, the dangerous fault that could down a 777
- Qatar Airways all-business service to London
- Updated Bandung City Guide, 3,000 Miles to test drive an Audi, Air Berlin cancelling flights to Abu Dhabi and beyond, Hong Kong Airlines announces London, San Francisco and New York, Norwegian to run out of cash soon?
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: Best Airline | Etihad plane | Etihad’s | Hong Kong Airlines
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |