– Chase bankers have been pitching the IAG bosses last year and voila we now have three (almost identical) Chase cards for their TOP 3 airline brands Iberia, British Airways and Aer Lingus (all offering 50,000 points at sign up plus spend related bonuses)
These cards have historically not been affected by the 5/24 rule and Chase should (instantly) approve you if you have good enough credit.
– China is switching to visa free entries (including for United States citizens) for visits to the island of Hainan – a decision that will surely boost the destination and Hainan Airlines
China is permitting 30-day visa-free visits to Hainan, a tropical island province in the South China Sea and home of Hainan Airlines. The policy is also likely to benefit Guangzhou-based China Southern Airlines, which has a branch company on the island. The policy will take effect May 1. The government said it will not require people from 59 countries to get visas before visiting Hainan. This is “to support the opening up of Hainan and to take a step in promoting international tourism,” among other reasons, it said.
– should airline lounges be more like co-working places? Yes please!
– Emirates and Etihad (represented by the UAE government) are seemingly close to a deal on the subsidy issue along the lines of the Qatar deal
For all the media hype it seems this deal is largely perfect for Emirates and Etihad as they are:
– drawing down on subsidies anyways as their business is much more mature
– they don’t have a ton of interest in using the EU Open Skies agreement for EU – US flights anyways
– they can just buy a European airline and avoid this whole topic (as Etihad tried with Alitalia and Air Berlin and Qatar is now trying with Air Italy)
Recommended for you:
- SPG Amex credit cards update and a look at the new Starwood Preferred Guest American Express Luxury Card
- Featured – Another Delta Sweet Double – 127,000 miles with two limited-time credit card offers – and here is what we would do with it
- Cape Verde goes visa free, Turkish buying 787’s, will Lufthansa snap up most of airberlin?
- Review: American Express Platinum credit card – earn 40,000 points at sign-Up
- Cathay Pacific Business Class Review Johannesburg (JNB) to Hong Kong (HKG) and Shongololo Lounge Review
- Guangzhou and Chengdu to allow Visa Free stays in China for 72 hours starting September 1st
- Kulula Economy Review Johannesburg (JNB) to Cape Town (CPT) and Bidvest Sky Lounge Review
- Kazakhstan announces visa free travel by July 15th for the US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Japan & others
- Featured – The Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card – get 50,000 bonus Ultimate Rewards points with the credit card I don’t want to cancel EVER
- Which credit cards I happily pay an annual fee for
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: Chase bankers | earning cards | Pass Lounges | visa free
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |