– American is ordering 48 787s scheduled to be delivered from on 2020 to get rid of the 767/ A330 and is replacing their A350 order (that was done by US Airways)
Sounds like a solid choice as the airline already has a a number of 787 delivered/ on order. Long Haul planes run somewhere between $700k -$1m per month when leased.
The 787 widebody order consists of 22 787-8s scheduled to begin arriving in 2020 and 25 787-9s scheduled to begin arriving in 2023, American said. The 787-8s will replace American’s Boeing 767-300s, while later 787-9 deliveries will replace Airbus A330-300s and older 777-200 widebody aircraft. All of the 787s will be powered by GE Aviation GEnx-1B engines.
American operates a fleet of 35 787s to destinations such as Tokyo, São Paulo and Paris. American will operate 89 787s once all aircraft ordered previously and in today’s deal are delivered.
– Uber is suspending service in Athens
That’s a shame as the taxi mafia is strong in Greece (likely also the reason Uber was ‘outlegislated’).
However the metro is fast an somewhat convenient for most trips from the airport.
– Philippine Airlines will bring their new A350 on the New York route starting in October
The initial A350 will likely be flown on some routes around the Southeast Asia region initially, a PAL spokesman told ATW’s sister publication Aviation Daily.
The aircraft will then be used for nonstop flights from Manila to New York JFK, replacing PAL’s one-stop service. PAL is tentatively looking at the last week of October for the New York A350 flight, which would be the start of the winter schedule season.
– Gulf Air is serious about their new 787-9 and A321neo Business Class
new business class section will be “best in class,” according to CEO Krešimir Kučko, who has said that new business-class seats had been benchmarked not against other carrier’s business class, but first-class, seats. While declining to give further details, he said the cabin would be considerably better than normal business-class offerings from other airlines.
“The same goes with the neo. It will have lie-flat seats in business-class in the A321s flying the longer destinations, such as Paris and Frankfurt.” The airline’s current A321s also have this feature—unusual in a single-aisle aircraft. Gulf Air says that the arrangement has proved popular on the Bahrain-Paris run.
Recommended for you:
- China Eastern Business Class to Asia under $2,000 RT from New York, Qatar abandons American investment, Uber drivers rig surge fares in New York City, Juno and Gett merge w $20 free rides, Lufthansa record profit
- Uber Rewards and Lyft Rewards, Saudia adding lie-flat beds on A320, China Southern drops Skyteam, Lyft going for Uber drivers
- 13 Practical Travel Tips for China – or What I learned from two weeks in Central China
- Get 500,000 QMiles for under $2,000 (and some vacation time in the Middle East and Europe!)
- Norwegian still in trouble, IHG’s generous new promotion, earn 5 miles per dollar spend (in the UAE) , $25 in dining credits just for downloading an app, Krisflyer Premium Cabin Rewards to become more expensive
- Mighty Travels Premium V3.7 – get a complimentary Mighty Travels Premium subscription by inviting friends, improved hotel deals and more
- United Kingdom Photo Review – United Kingdom in 24 Pictures
- Free Avis car rental in Scandinavia with an SAS flight, South African Airlink under investigation for predatory pricing
- gorgeous new Philippine Airlines Business Class, Uber sells off Russia business, Amex 1:1 to Avios is back, Qatar to start a hub in Oman?, Delta feels impervious with Skymiles, 50,000 Citi Prestige sign-up link
- Wow Business Class Returns $2,156 LAX to East Africa, $2,396 LAX to Johannesburg, JFK to Jakarta $2,396, LAX to Puerto Rico $728 RT and more of our best Premium Fares
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: best Traveler | Uber service | Uber stops Athens service
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |