– Accor is buying up the orginally Swiss Moevenpick chain of hotels for $585 million, the company boasts 16,000 employees and has landmark properties in the Middle East and South East Asia
– it is entirely possible that 2018 will be the year of the demise of South African Airways and Alitalia, South African for it’s part is desperately seeking fresh cash right now
– Etihad is done with major investments and is trying to figure out a strategy that does not involve (unprofitable) growth – after Lufthansa said no to a merger – Emirates is the latest candidate
– an Alaska Airlines 737 flew on one engine to Honolulu – nothing to see here…but will they keep their ETOPS rating necessary to cross the Pacific?
– IHG is out with a new Pointbreaks list – I find this list rather uninspiring (I liked the prior list much more, including the Intercontinental Cali)
Questions, corrections, ideas about this article? Catch us on Twitter @mightytravels
See how to save $190 on ANY airfare ticket with Mighty Travels Premium
. Plus get 95% off Business and First Class fares with Real-Time Mistake Fare Alerts
Start your 30 Day FREE TRIAL now.
Want free upgrades, free breakfasts, free hotel credit & VIP gifts on ANY luxury hotel stay? Get these free benefits when you book with luxury travel concierge
for the same price as the hotel’s own website. Use code MT19 for an extra 10% off
your first booking.