– JAL and Hawaiian airlines are now codesharing and are hopefully extending their alliance to earning and redeeming miles – making Hawaiian Miles much ore valuable hopefully (one may always hope)
– you want to get a $10,000 United voucher? Apparently get involuntary denied boarding and then wait it out (or send some Tweets in between as PR weapon)!
– Air Tahiti Nui (Review of their A340) is deploying their 787’s to Los Angeles/ Auckland and Tokyo starting November 2018
As always be careful with booking specific flights – as equipment can always change or be delayed. I’d wait until they run for a few weeks at least.
– I never understood why Lufthansa serviced Addis Abeba via Jeddah – this will end finally in October
– the first sign airlines are rewarding direct bookings even more (like hotel chains) Lufthansa is now awards 50% more bonus miles if you book via their website (and not via an OTA)
– who knew Delta ‘made a mistake’ by adding the 72 advance reservation window and is now going back to the original restrictions (just a handful of countries)
– the airline industry is quipping over Norwegian’s cash flow for some time – the airline raised fresh $160 million in equity to stop the leaks – I’m sure they will have to do that again soon
Keep in mind how puny these numbers are compared to Uber’s fund raising. Raising money for an airline is so much harder than for Uber (like) apps. Strange world.
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: flights | vouchers
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |