– JAL and Hawaiian airlines are now codesharing and are hopefully extending their alliance to earning and redeeming miles – making Hawaiian Miles much ore valuable hopefully (one may always hope)
– you want to get a $10,000 United voucher? Apparently get involuntary denied boarding and then wait it out (or send some Tweets in between as PR weapon)!
As always be careful with booking specific flights – as equipment can always change or be delayed. I’d wait until they run for a few weeks at least.
– I never understood why Lufthansa serviced Addis Abeba via Jeddah – this will end finally in October
– the first sign airlines are rewarding direct bookings even more (like hotel chains) Lufthansa is now awards 50% more bonus miles if you book via their website (and not via an OTA)
– who knew Delta ‘made a mistake’ by adding the 72 advance reservation window and is now going back to the original restrictions (just a handful of countries)
Keep in mind how puny these numbers are compared to Uber’s fund raising. Raising money for an airline is so much harder than for Uber (like) apps. Strange world.