– Citi is running a promotion for all cardholders with a ThankYou card – $50 for ANY two night hotel booking using code CITI50
The Terms and Conditions are shockingly simple:
Offer Details: $50 off your total hotel booking of two or more consecutive room nights booked on the ThankYou Travel Center. All hotels available on the travel rewards site are eligible, subject to availability of desired dates and room type. Reservations can be booked up to 330 days in advance. Must enter promo code CITI50 at checkout. Discount may be applied to multiple hotel reservations placed in one order. Program Terms and Conditions apply. This promotion ends at 11:59 PM EST on 4/30/18.
I haven’t gotten beyond the search page though (my Internet is shockingly slow in China).
– American is adding a number of South American flights but most importantly there will be a Los Angeles – Buenos Aires flight soon!
There are shockingly few direct connections between the West Coast and South American (Korean Air stopped their tag-on flight as well).
– United and Air New Zealand are adding flights from Auckland to Chicago a long journey of 16+ hours – it’s to be flown by Air New Zealand (both share revenues) three times a week
Air New Zealand has a good Business Class product (and competent staff) but award availability is very rare (Virgin Atlantic Flying Club has better access).
United is also running the San Francisco – Auckland route three times a week year round (instead of seasonal) now.
– What is the coolest thing to own if you already own an airline – Own an airport! Qatar Airways is now buying 25% of Moscow’s Vnukovo airport after the Qatar Investment Authority already owns 25% of St. Petersburg Airport
– meanwhile Qatar Airways is sitting on a huge fleet of aircraft it does not have much use for – will leasing them out help?
– the ‘rather childish’ fight over Atlanta airport’s newest aircraft has been a draw between Delta and Qatar as they both introduced an A350 on the same day (!)
Remember when Emirates flew an A380 every two hours from Doha Airport to Dubai? What a silly fight (and huge waste of money and fuel).