– Norwegian is clearly the daredevil entrepreneur of modern aviation – read this!
Norwegian Air Argentina (DN, Buenos Aires Aeroparque) is planning to exercise its route authority for regular passenger flights between Buenos Aires Ezeiza and Perth Int’l, Australia.
According to The West Australian newspaper, the nascent budget carrier would use Perth as a stop on proposed flights to Singapore Changi whose rights it has also applied for.
The Argentine Chamber of Commerce’s Australia executive director, Diego Berazategui, has already set forth the proposal to Western Australian industrialists as well as Argentina’s ambassador to Australia, Hugo Gobbi.
“The study shows that a trans-polar flight between Buenos Aires and Perth would take less than 15 hours and would position Perth as a great midpoint destination for international travellers between Asia and Latin America,” he said.
No flights between Argentina and Southeast Asia currently exist despite Buenos Aires actively courting investment from region. In September last year, Foreign Minister Jorge Faurie reopened the Argentine Embassy in Singapore amid plans to use the diplomatic outpost to increase and diversify Argentine product and service exports, not only to the Singaporean market but also to Asia as a whole.
– sadly Mega Maldives is entering liquidation
– I really like the Skyteam lounge at London Heathrow (not so much the Skyteam lounge in Dubai) and now the alliance is adding lounges in Santiago de Chile and Istanbul (at the new airport due to open in late 2018)
There are a few more Skyteam lounges at Beijing, Hong Kong, Sydney and Vancouver.
– some interesting facts from the Chase Sapphire Reserve the Chase CFO Marianne Lake (Page 35) – the renewal rate is at 90%! (HT DoC)
I find that not surprising given how hard it is to get approved (again) for any Chase card now and how the good the benefits are for a $150 fee card (the $450 annual fee is misleading since everyone will manage $300 in travel expenditures in a year).
What is not mentioned is how profitable the Chase Sapphire Reserve is for the bank. I can’t find a lot of scenarios where Chase can make money of this card (besides identifying High Net Worth individuals). The card is breaking even at best but MAY deliver marketing leads to Chase’ business.
Recommended for you:
- Lufthansa & Etihad ‘mini merger’, new South African 330, RwandaAir A330 Business Class, World of Hilton, 2,000 points per Hilton stay, 70,000 Chase United card, buy access to Emirates lounges & more
- Uber to sell South East Asia business to Grab, Zurich airport gets another Swiss First Class lounge
- Asiana Business Class Lounge Review at Incheon Airport South Korea
- Qantas First Class Lounge (LAX) – Los Angeles, TBIT – Photo Review
- Emirates First Class Lounge Review Dubai International Airport
- ANA First Class Lounge Tokyo Narita (NRT) Review
- Qatar Airways Al Safwa First Class Lounge Doha Airport (DOH) Review
- Etihad First Class Lounge & Spa Abu Dhabi Airport (AUH) Review
- Review: The Wing – Cathay Pacific Business Class Lounge Hong Kong, Gate E2
- Oneworld Lounge (Tom Bradley International Terminal, TBIT) Los Angeles Airport Review
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: business class lounge | First Class lounge
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |