Scoot adds Berlin, El Al adds San Francisco, Iberia 25% off wards, your own private plane exit, Turkish Airlines resurgin
– Scoot is coming to Berlin (from Singapore) in 2018 – a great win after the airport lost lost of flights with the Air Berlin insolvency
– Iberia still has the 25% award sale running – from the East Coast to Europe this can be a good deal (and reasonable fuel surcharges)
– El Al is adding San Francisco to the list of destinations with their new 787 – redemptions are expensive though using their own program
– this Ryanair passenger simply opened up the emergency exit while the plane was taxiing and tried to made a run for it
I waited a full one hour yesterday waiting at Oakland airport after a 12 hour LEVEL flight and I was considering the same 🙂
– Turkish Airline is resurging and expects a massive 74 million passengers in 2018
By the end of 2018, Turkish Airlines expects a passenger load factor of 79%-80%; ASKs are predicted to rise 5%-6% to 183 billion compared to 2017.
Capacity is expected to see year-over-year (YOY) increases of 10% in Turkey, 9% in the Middle East, 6% in Europe, 6% in the Far East, 4% in the Americas and 3% in Africa.