– Ethiopian Airline has formally announced flights from Abidjan, Ivory Coast to the USA (New York, Washington D.C.) this week
We sent Premium Subscribers a smoking deal at $318 last week (that was bookable for about 24 hours) when this route launched in the GDS.
Ethiopian has started a similar arrangement with Lome, Togo which is being fed by its ASKY affiliate.
This won’t be the last deal that Ethiopian strikes as Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Nigeria are all looking to Ethiopian to reinvigorate their domestic airlines (as the airline has done with Malawian Airlines (Review)).
– Gulf Air is bringing their new 787 to London replacing their only other long-haul aircraft (A330)
– amazing – Niki Lauda was able to pick up the bankrupt airline again
airberlin had been buying Niki in stages for about 100 million Euro. It isn’t clear how much he paid this time but it is likely less than 30 million.
Lauda is a talented aviator and has been successful in marketing consumer products and services in the past. All he needs is a few years of stable development and I’m sure he’ll find another buyer for the airline paying 100 million Euro – maybe Ryanair or Lufthansa this time.
– Frontier and Spirit are some of the world’s fastest growing airlines at about 20% annualized capacity growth, United just announced a 6% capacity increase which is huge for a big network carrier
Recommended for you:
- East Africa to Canada in Business Class $1,886 RT, Uber flat rate packages, Norwegian new routes from Bergen, Air France invests in Air Côte d’Ivoire
- Lufthansa starts long-haul routes from Berlin and Dusseldorf, Delta to allow free text messaging, Ryanair retreats from Alitalia and network growth
- Malawian Airlines Economy Review Blantyre to Lilongwe, Malawi and on to Lusaka, Zambia
- Ryanair comes to FRA, Qatar 96 hour visa waiver now active, Nigeria comes clean on airlines’ money
- Airfare Deal – from Washington DC to Lusaka, Zambia $1,007 on Ethiopian Airlines
- New electronics ban from Europe?, Alaska Airlines buy miles 40% bonus, Air France in trouble over Bogota takeoffs, South African to expand transcon flights?, Nigerian Naira to float finally?
- Miles and More extends online booking interface yet again, great Oman Air Business Class sale, great fares to Singapore, Manila, Jakarta and Beijing
- 65,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority card, Oman Air’s cool new lounges, Uganda and Nigeria to get new airlines?, Air Asia loves A330neos, Garuda 50% off award sales, Vietjet just ordered 100 planes
- Alitalia Chapter 11, Air Asia 2016 results, Tony Fernandes’ vision for aviation, Southwest 10% off, cheap places for digital nomads, travel warnings for Gondar, time travel possible and Nigeria’s ailing airlines
- 100,000 American Express Platinum offer, KLM adds Freetown and Monrovia, Ethiopian adds Livingstone, Lufthansa strike, yet another Cathay Pacific emergency landing, Blue Sky details emerge
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: African hub | airberlin | aircraft | airline | airlines | CLEAR | Ethiopian | Ethiopian Airline | flights | Gulf Air | lufthansa | New York | Nigeria | review | Ryanair | world | Zambia | Zimbabwe
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |