– Etihad’s equity investments are likely the airline industry’s worst in decades – Air Seychelles has given up on long-haul operations
As of April 24, Air Seychelles will suspend all flights to Paris, the French capital and Antananarivo, Madagascar.
The national carrier faces more international competition. British Airways is expected to start operating to Seychelles in March. This will be followed by Air France’s subsidiary – Joon – and Swiss Edelweiss Air in May and September respectively.
The chief executive of Air Seychelles, Remco Althuis, said that these new operations, coupled with the nine other airlines already operating in the island nation, “will create an overcapacity of inbound seats to Seychelles, leading to reduced airfares and this will put a lot of pressure on our Paris operation.”
The Seychelles have never been able to jumpstart tourism growth as Mauritius and the Maldives have seen. Air Seychelles made a bid to change that but failed – especially in marketing it’s products.
Joon, BA (and likely LEVEL) will have no trouble filling seats at $149 one-way.
– believe it or not but the uber luxurious Palm in Dubai has gotten an Aloft hotel
Redemptions run at 10,000 Starpoints a night. Traffic is a nightmare at the Palm and I haven’t found a reason to stay there.
– the Grand Hyatt Manila is finally open
Rates start at around $250 or 7,500 points & $100.
– don’t you wish you are in the Cryptocurrency business right now? Coinbase overshot its lofty revenue projections by 66% and isn’t interested in any Venture money suddenly – oh the good times…
– I have been falling out with my Apple devices I cherished for long and are almost set to buy a Samsung phone and Linux laptop – this article is a great summary of what’s wrong with Apple (from a developer and user perspective)
Recommended for you:
- Best use of American Express Membership Rewards for flights
- My Favorite Flights and Award Redemptions for 2017
- Get 100,000 Bonus Membership Rewards points with The Business Platinum Card from American Express
- New Seoul and Hanoi hotels, book Swiss First Class, no more cheap JAL awards on Emirates, 50% Avios award sale, Air France Joon’ adds more routes, Norwegian to add Singapore hub?
- Interview with Mark Beattie at boardingarea.com/milesfromblighty
- Luxurious Maldives using Miles & Points – how to best experience the world’s bath tub
- Booking an award with Delta Skymiles – tips and tricks
- Convert Golden Circle Award Points into airline miles and get 25% bonus miles
- Viet Jet 22 cents tickets, Air Asia launches Honolulu, Arik Air folds, Ghana gets an airline?, Air France launches Maldives
- My Favorite 7 Things to Do in Gan Island, Maldives
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: Air France | Airfares | airline | airlines | Airways | British Airways | Etihad | executive | flights | France | Grand Hyatt Manila | Haven | hotel | hyatt | Island | Madagascar. | Maldives | points | Seychelles | SWISS | Uber
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |