– Lufthansa Miles & More has now integrated most Star Alliance partners into their online flight booking tool
The new interface has been done with German precision and is very fast (though only allows a six day view). Also you will need to have status or at least 7,000 miles in your account to access it.
There are some surprising finds (for me at least). Miles and More does NOT charge a fuel surcharge on Ethiopian Airlines flights ,making flights inside the two African zones very affordable (2,500 miles less than United or Lifemiles). Addis to Dubai prices out at just 15,000 miles one-way (same zone) and $30 in taxes and fees.
Tehre are also no fuel surcharges on interesting routes like Hong Kong – the US (use EVA!) or Sao Paulo to Johannesburg on South African.
– Oman Air has a sale on their website that puts tickets from Colombo, Sri Lanka at the same level as Economy fares
We found Colombo to Amman, Abu Dhabi or Dubai for $487 Return in Business Class. If you want to collect more miles Colombo to Guangzhou (via Muscat) is a great option for $587.
– another price war in Australia/ SE Asia with Scoot now offering the Perth – Singapore Round Trip for $148 Round Trip
– Air China has great fares from New York to Jakarta for just $440 Round Trip (dates in spring next year)
– great fares with United from Newark to Taipei for $384 Return
– Los Angeles to Beijing can be had for $378 – an amazing world of low airfares this is