Somon Air coming to the US?, Alitalia launches Nairobi and Johannesburg, AMEX Centurion lounge in London, Hyatt double points, Skyteam lounge Vancouver
– Italians are the master of the game of waiting it out! We all thought Alitalia will not see the light of 2018 – but the airline is now bringing back long-haul routes to Nairobi and Johannesburg after a 17 year hiatus!
– if you are a big fan of Hilton – drop by their (now public) food court at Tysons Corner, VA
– I’m amazed by how much money American express is willing to spend on Centurion lounges (which virtually make NO direct revenue) and the company is putting up a ‘pop-up’ lounge on London at selected dates before the holidays
– will Cathay Pacific go from first-to-last with their new WiFi deal for the A330 and 777 fleet?
– Hyatt gives us double points until the end of the year – the ‘creative promotions’ department at Hyatt must be run by AI
– Skyteam now has its own lounge in Vancouver – no wonder with so many trans-pacific flights from Vancouver now