Current major hotel promotions 15% off Orbitz, 15% off Travelocity and $25 off $200 at hotels.com – book $50 worth of hotels for under $18
I have been moving most of my hotel spend to OTA’s (i.e. Expedia/ Orbitz etc) for a variety of reasons:
1) I find it much harder to achieve and retain status with most major chains with my travel patterns through actual stays and nights
2) I find it much easier to get a status match or get status via a credit card (i.e. the Chase IHG credit card which gives me Platinum status)
3) OTAs give much improved rates and cashback
4) The Orbitz Best Rate Guarantee (BRG) has been consistently improving its utility over the last 12 months (unlike the Expedia BRG)
5) Most chain BRGs have become harder to get approved for (especially IHG, which is now almost impossible to get approved for)
6) Orbitz Orbucks Rewards program is by far my favorite of all currently.
7) I have been booking through various ‘un-published’ rates portals that often give 50% or more off including major chains (like what we have use for our Premium Subscribers)
8) Most OTAs publish discount codes that usually work on almost all non-chain hotels. It has also gotten easier to use them (the coupon field is now visible and not super hidden anymore).
Table of Contents
Orbitz currently gives you 15% off any non-chain hotel
If you use code BIGADVENTURE at Orbitz it will show 15% off instantly if you opt for prepaid hotels (make sure the rate can be cancelled for free).
Book by October 1, 2017, travel by March 31, 2018.
Travelocity currently gives you 15% off any non-chain hotel
Travelocity also gives you 15% off if you use coupon GOROAM.
Book by Sept 19.
hotels.com has $25 off $200 any non-chain hotel booking
To celebrate World Tourism Day on September 27th we’re giving you an additional $25 off your next booking. To make sure you have a trip you won’t forget we’re giving you extra time to book! Check out great deals below all over the world! Hurry, coupon ends September 29th.
At hotels.com use coupon code WANDER.
In case you are wondering why these sites look so similar – they are all run of the same servers at Expedia. However the marketing strategy has been kept separate.
$25 off your first First App Booking
Most Expedia portals also give you $25 Off Your First App Hotel Booking. It works for every app booking for a new account (but does not need to be a new device).
Use Code: 25MOBILE
Use a Cashback Portal for another 9% off
So if you find a hotel with low taxes you could get as low as $18 for a $50 hotel. Pretty solid.