Skywards 50% award sale, Chase to restrict Sapphire cards, China’s airline changing strategy?, Etihad adds another codeshare partner, Melia Hamburg Hafencity opens
– Emirates Skywards is running a 50% off redemption sale using Emirates Economy Saver flights
Since Emirates has very high fuel surcharges redemptions only make sense if you find a departure city with very low fuel surcharges such as Hong Kong, Addis Abeba or most Brazilian cities.
– Chase now only allows you to have ONE card from the Sapphire family
This wont be the last change – Chase, American Express and Citibank are hell bound to make sure customers stick to a card and don’t overindulge on bonuses.
– China’s airlines are taking a page out of the playbook of US Airlines and strengthening domestic capacity instead of international – let’s see how long it holds
– Etihad is now implementing the Aerolineas Argentinas codeshare agreement – just one more partner out of Etihad’s massive 30 partner long codeshare partner list
– Germany’s engineering culture has been bogged down by huge delays at Berlin airport or the Hamburg opera – now Hamburg has gotten a new (and great looking) Melia in the Hafencity making teh buildup complete after almost 20 years