– Oneworld and Star Alliance currently have flights from Greece and Cyprus to many destinations in the US for ~$1,500 in Business Class Round Trip
– decent offers from many French and Italian airports in Business Class to West Africa starting at $1,300 Round Trip on Brussels Airlines
– Air China has good fares from New York to Tokyo around $2,000 Round Trip in Business Class
– Air Berlin expects itself to be sold by September with several buyers interested in the different assets, for now the airline keeps flying as usual
The daily quoted Winkelmann as saying, “Airberlin will not be sold to only one buyer; it will have two or three buyers. Negotiations have been held with more than 10 prospective customers, including several airlines.”
Airberlin’s business units—long-haul, business and leisure flights—are too extensive to sell airberlin to one airline, Winkelmann reportedly told the German daily.
– even Bloomberg notices – average trans-atlantic fares are falling because of Norwegian
– a look into Sri Lanka’s new Business Class – not an airline I want to fly for the culinary experience but the new suites look great