Qatar Airways is running an interesting promotion to earn 500,000 QMiles in connection to their new services launched recently.
All these new flights launch during August – certainly not a busy time in the Gulf.
The promotion calls for you being a passenger on all three inaugural flight services (yes that first flight with the water cannon salute FROM or TO Doha).
– Members must fly all QR first flights to or from new destinations to be eligible for the bonus Qmiles.
– Please ensure you quote your Privilege Club membership number at the time of booking.
– 500,000 Qmiles will be added to the members account by 31 March 2018.
I have checked prices sing Google Flights and things are cheaper than it seems. If you have time in August and want some adventure this can be done easily.
– RoundTrip to Sohar, Oman can be had for $235 currently
It will be hot in Oman and you need to budget for the Visa on Arrival, I’d keep that trip short and retreat to a cool hotel in Doha.
– One- Way to Prague for $612
Prague is one of my favorite cities and is much different than it’s close-by German neighbor Dresden.
– A connecting flight from Prague to Kiev ~$200
Kiev is a great city for a few days – lots of churches and promenades. There are plenty of flight options right now – there might even be some low cost airlines.
– a one-way from Kiev to Doha for $645
Now what can yo do with 500,000 QMiles?
It turns out quite a bit – the award chart is very similar to AAdvantage when you look at redemptions on Qatar airlines flights.
Keep in mind that Qmiles redemption charge the full Fuel Surcharge (YQ) which can be substantial in Qatar flights unless you depart from Hong Kong or Addis Abeba for instance.
Partner Airlines flights require much more miles.