The right Pointbreaks list, Virgin Atlantic goes full Skyteam, most airlines pulling out of Venezuela, Ethiopian adds Bahrain, free breakfast at EU Marriott hotels
– IHG is out with the Pointbreaks list and this time it shows the correct date until October 31st 2017
The participating hotels are not bookable for 5,000 points yet.
There is a decent amount of good hotels for 5,000 points (you conveniently can buy the points too):
Johannesburg is more a layover destination to most of us but if you stay in the safe parts of the city it is a fascinating place.
Manaus is where the two rivers of the Amazon meet – hotels are inexpensive anyways but it is just a five hour flight from Miami.
Belem is dangerous but also a quick trip from Manaus and has tons of colonial architecture and historic places.
Bandung is one of my favorite cities – the Intercontinental Bandung is a great place but really far from town.
Again far from the City Center but this may be just the place you need for a great value trip to London (that has been an oxymoron for decades).
– Skyteam buddies Air France/KLM , China Eastern and Delta have bought each others shares (no bog deal) and also 31% more of what they did not own yet of Virgin Atlantic, making the airline officially a Skyteam member soon likely
Building on this success, today we are announcing our intention to expand the existing transatlantic Joint Venture to include Air France and KLM and our vision to become the Joint Venture of choice for customers travelling between UK, Europe and North America.
All of us at Virgin Atlantic are proud to be partnering with three award winning airlines that together with Virgin Atlantic deliver the best customer experience and highest customer satisfaction scores in the transatlantic today. We share a commitment to deliver a seamless customer experience for all customers within the Joint Venture and Virgin Atlantic will continue to invest in its customer experience in years to come. We will offer 300 daily non-stop flights from 28 UK and European destinations to 32 North American destinations and connect to 250 destinations within North America on Delta.
– Avianca, American and United are all pulling out of Venezuela flights – what took them so long?
– Singapore Airlines is back in the black
– Ethiopian is starting service to Bahrain
– if you book a Marriott hotel in Europe you can now get free breakfast (HT Frequent Flyer Bonuses)