– Primera Air is the latest trans-atlantic low cost airline offering $99 one-way flights in a space that is increasingly crowded with Norwegian, Level, WOW air, Joos (Air France), Eurowings and Condor.
Primera started as JetX and has been run as a charter airline that sold some of the inventory as low cost tickets.
Service is supposed to resume May 18, 2018.
The airline plans to fly new generation A321LR single aisle planes to New York City/ Newark (EWR) from:
– Birmingham (BHX)
– London Stansted (STN)
– Paris (CDG)
There is no inflight entertainment planned and bags and food are prohibitively expensive. There is in-flight WiFi but it’s not clear how much it will cost.
I like the high ancillary prices as I rarely pay for ancillary products (I feel I can almost always do better doing it myself). I’d rather have other buyers of ancillary services ‘subsidize’ my low fares. I can feed myself for 8 hours and pack light enough so I do not need overhead bin space .
– Hyatt is changing their BRG policy and moving to a $50 fixed payout starting July 31st
Expedia, Orbitz and Hilton already had a $50 reward for finding BRG’s by consumers in place. It is a fair price that is a high enough incentive to file and too low to ‘seriously game it’.
There are a few intercontinental properties that are around $50 – if you BRG every second night and move across the street every night you can stay essentially for free.
– my ‘secret love affair’ with China Airlines continues virtually (my flight is coming up next month) – their regional Business Class product looks on par if not better than my flight to Surabaya on Cathay Pacific
– the Pointbreaks list we posted yesterday is likely not real – let’s wait for the real list
– an Emirates A380 and an Air Seychelles flights came dangerously close to about 8 miles on the same flight level
“ATC should have advised the A380 crew again and got them to confirm that clearance was only given to descend to 38,000 feet, not 36,000 feet. By all accounts, it does not appear that the crew of the A380 did anything wrong, but rather, the ATC crew should have double-checked flight levels and they did not.”
– meanwhile kingpin Norwegian is adding twice weekly flights to Denver from their mini-hub in Paris
Recommended for you:
- New IHG Rewards Club promotion – Spire Elite status and up to 15,000 bonus points
- 25% discount on all Saudia flights, $448 flights Milan to Manila, Join Alfursan and get 2,500 free miles
- Buy Air France/ KLM Flying Blue points at 1.63 cents per mile
- $691 – Cheap fares to Cape Town (CPT) from Toronto (YYZ)
- Secured and Unsecured Credit Cards for Bad Credit
- Hyatt changes its BRG T&C for free membership sites
- LOT starting Budapest service, American Airlines scared of Qatar?, South African Airways bailed out again, 20,000 Membership Rewards points for flying Air Berlin, is Instagram creepy?
- Our favorite cheap Business and Economy flight deals for today
- Current American Express Offers for hotel stays – save up to $500
- Oman Air cheap Business Class from Europe to Asia, ANA free inflight Wi-Fi, American Express Platinum adds Uber credits, TrueBlue promotions, United adds 22 destinations, $100 free advertising with Indeed
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: best offers | deals | Hyatt changes | offers | trans-atlantic service
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |