Norwegian dreams of Beijing, starts 737MAX flights from Ireland, Cathay Dragon to fly to the US?, is American tourism ‘great again’?, Protea Hluhluwe leaving Marriott
– Norwegian and the Dublin Tourism authority are frolicking about a direct Dublin – Beijing service in 2021!
Norwegian Air International (D8, Dublin Int’l) is considering launching a direct flight between Dublin Int’l and Beijing Capital, pending approval from Russia for overflight rights, reports the Irish Independent. Chief executive Tore Jenssen told the news site that Dublin’s new runway, set to open in 2021, would be long enough to allow the airline to launch the route using B787-9 metal. NAI is awaiting six of the type for delivery this year.
Norwegian has no overflying rights for Siberia and Russia repeatedly said no – so this may no come to fruition.
– the airline also launched the first narrow-body transatlantic flights to the US from Ireland this week
– Cathay Dragon (the subsidiary of Cathay Pacific) has gotten permission to fly to the US – no service is scheduled yet but this might become an interesting discount player in the trans pacific market (which has no LCC operating bar Air Asia to Honolulu)
– few took a contrarian view on the presidential elections and even fewer on the outcome for US tourism with a Trump president – but the numbers are up for ‘Make American Great Again’!
International travel to the U.S. grew by more than 5 percent in May compared with data for May 2016, according to the Travel Trends Index report released Wednesday by the U.S. Travel Association.
– the Protea Hotel by Marriott Hluhluwe & Safaris is dropping out of Protea and therefore Marriott redemptions
I know many of you are booked there – make sure you bookings still stand – there had been some confusion reported by other travelers.
Recommended for you:
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents. Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines. You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: City Center Review | city deals | city guide