– LATAM / Skyteam have return Business Class flights to Easter Island for $1,172 Round Trip from Mexico City right now. That’s a great deal if you can get yourself to Mexico City for a low price.
This Flyertalk thread also shows how to make this deal work for $1,899 from Amsterdam.
– American Express is changing the legal disclaimers on many sign-up offers to discourage ‘churning’
– United is starting non-stop flights from Denver to London after Norwegian just added Denver to their long-haul network
– Cabin is a new sleeper bus concept between L.A. and San Francisco that gets you in a gorgeous looking sleep cell between the cities overnight
I’d love to see similar sleep cells on aircraft though, not just buses!
There are a few problems with Cabin as this analysis points out.
I feel it is simply too expensive as the competition on the route has kept fares rather low at $49.
– a rare sight – plenty of award space between Los Angeles and London with American Airlines service
– South African subsidiary Air link has won the contract to fly to St. Helena
– is Aer Lingus ready to dispose of their short haul network?
I’d say why not? Get a feeder agreement with Ryanair and make money on long-haul traffic.