XiamenAir $2,426 RT to Beijing, Norwegian launches Edinburgh hub in 2018, Cathay praises Tel Aviv, flyDubai happy with their African network, Amazon launches rewards program, $50 off $150 AirBnB
– XiamenAir has extended their uber-competitive Business Class fares from Los Angeles to New York now and prices the Round Trip at $2,426 RT
– is this the new trend – new routes are now being announced two years in advance like the new Norwegian Oakland/ Los Angeles to Edinburgh direct flights
– RwandAir is now considering Brussels as their second European destination
– Cathay Pacific is happy with their Tel Aviv flight – can’t believe they waited that long
– flyDubai seems to get real traction in Africa and is doubling down on their routes
Many African destinations are within the range of their 737 and fares on legacy airlines are sky high – flyDubai is the only LCC for many of these airports. Plus Dubai is a very popular destination in Africa for their somewhat liberal visa policy.
– Amazon has a rewards program now for Prime subscribers – earn 2% for all gift card reloads
– Marriott and most Starwood properties have now switched to a 24/48 hour cancellation policy for post-paid and award reservations
Hyatt had a similar policy and many properties I booked at already had such a policy before. You need to watch those bookings carefully.
– some American Express users now see $50 off $150 off AirBnB – I did not get it (but plenty of hotel discount offers)