– Air Canada and Asiana have a business class sale from Vancouver to Ho Chi Minh City for $1,899 Round Trip
It books into P for Air Canada and Z for Asiana. That’s worth 28,000 miles if you choose the right programs.
The Air Canada 787 are well reviewed and the while the Asian 747 are old they used to be proper long haul equipment a few years ago.
– remember the Delta story from last week? How easily can an airline really put you in jail? Not very likely – but very possible!
– the average flight spends 24 minutes taxiing (in and out a gate) in the US – if you multiply this with the average cost of operating an airplane at $150 a minute the savings are pretty staggering – but given the (lousy) state of many congested US airports this won’t change anytime soon
– Norwegian is back preparing a Business Plan for flights from Germany to the US
Given the potential of as Europe’s largest economy it is served very light by discount airlines. Norwegian may want to raise additional funds to add a mini hub or two in Germany.
“Norwegian is growing in Germany,” a spokesperson in Oslo told ATW. “Also, 250 [ordered] aircraft are coming to Norwegian. We see a potential for long-haul flights from Germany,” she said.
Norwegian has 30 Airbus A321LR aircraft on firm order, which could potentially be used on a German route. The A321LR has a range of up to 4,000 nm, making it suitable for routes between the US east coast and Europe.
It seems the US West Coast will not be served anytime soon but US East Coast flights from Hamburg (shortest flight time) seem very likely.
Recommended for you:
- Emirates – the end of a success story?, Air Canada drops Aeroplan, an ANA 787 in trouble, 30% off Starwood/ Marriott in Africa, Delta’s changes at LAX and it’s fleet, Ryanair to go big in Frankfurt & More
- Garuda cancels 90% off promotion early, how to survive a fall of 33,000 feet!, BA starts low-cost Norwegian competitor, Sapporo terminal snowed in
- What’s the best use of 20,000 United Mileage Plus Miles?
- Norwegian Air launches new routes between Scandinavia and Los Angeles
- Our favorite cheap Business and Economy flight deals for today
- Cheap Business Class fares to Tokyo, Milan and Guangzhou, is there competition between US airlines, flyDubai and Emirates to codeshare?, Boston is the US’s most expensive hotel market
- Lufthansa & Etihad to merge?, new Centurion lounge, 50k Chase United card, a Cheap way to New Zealand, Cathay cutting further, 3,000 bonus points per Marriott stay & more
- East Africa to Canada in Business Class $1,886 RT, Uber flat rate packages, Norwegian new routes from Bergen, Air France invests in Air Côte d’Ivoire
- One of the cool things you can do with the Mighty Travels Deals Dashboard
- How to find Star Alliance availability using partner access
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: 787 | Air Canada | Airbus | aircraft | airline | airlines | Airports | average flight | BUSINESS CLASS | Business Class sale | Business Plan | Canada | Delta story | discount | Flight | flights | Germany | Ho Chi Minh | light | Long-haul flights | miles | Norwegian | Round Trip
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |