Hilton 3x points promotion, global trusted traveler program?, Reserve card changes to the $300 travel credit, US Bank Altitude shutdowns, Delta completes terminal move at LAX
– Hilton Honors has a tripe points promotion for Hilton Diamond members (double for everyone else) for stays until August 31st 2017
Earn Double Points on every stay at 4,900 hotels when you sign up
and complete a stay from May 1 through August 31, 2017.
Have Diamond Status? You will earn Triple Points on every stay from May 1 through August 31, 2017.
– I’m an outspoken supporter for a world that works without visas – but maybe a ‘worldwide trusted traveler’ program might be a more feasible idea?
When politicians in different regions threaten to get rid of visa-free travel, tourism hangs in the balance and potentially suffers. That’s why Gerald Lawless, chairman of the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC), feels that a worldwide trusted traveler program could help all countries and travelers get on the same page about visas.
– the Chase Sapphire Reserve card will likely switch to one $300 travel credit per ‘membership year’ – a prudent move – if you are keeping the card long term this won’t affect you
– US Bank is shutting down some (all?) accounts that spend on gift cards for its new Altitude card
The bank is closely looking at new accounts (often manually) to determine if they will likely be profitable for the bank. Gift card purchases are apparently a red flag for them.
– with surprisingly little chaos that usually accompanies these – Delta (and many other airlines) have switched terminals at LAX rather successfully last weekend