– Qatar has some great deals from Europe right now like Berlin to Singapore for $1,238 in Business Class (Return!) and Sofia to Phuket for $1,162 Return
Make sure to use code MASTERCARD on the Qatar website – that sometimes gives you even better prices.
– Lufthansa is finally coming out of the closet ans is now INTERESTED in buying Air Berlin
Lufthansa has confirmed an interest in taking over airberlin; however, the German carrier will look to Abu Dhabi’s state-owned carrier Etihad Airways to take care of airberlin’s debts.
Etihad owns a 29.2% stake in oneworld member airberlin, which has debts of €1.2 billion ($1.3 billion).
“The debt problem can only be resolved by the government of Abu Dhabi,” a Lufthansa spokesperson in Frankfurt told ATW.
In January, Lufthansa Group chairman and CEO Carsten Spohr had told ATW that airberlin’s debts were “much too high to attract an investor.”
– Emirates is preparing the public for less growth
Emirates Airline president Tim Clark said 115 Airbus A380s is the “absolute maximum” aircraft its Dubai International Airport hub will be able to handle.
– United is in trouble again for a heated argument with a customer (and to cancel his ticket for speaking up)
– American Express has targeted a number of account holders with a $75 Back on $200 at bloomingdales.com
Bloomingdales sells gift cards among its wide range of products.
– CVS seems to have decided to discontinue the sales of MyCash PayPal cards – that’s a big blow as they were a great way to meet minimum spend
– Spotify and CapitalOne have a promotion that reduces the monthly subscription by 50%
– Daily GetAways is selling 24,000 World of Hyatt for $260 – a good deal if you have a redemption for a pricey Hyatt in mind
The deal is valid from 1 PM Eastern – that is in 15 minutes everyone!
– Norwegian is committed to investing in the Argentina domestic market
The Norwegian Group established an Argentinian subsidiary in January 2017 and has applied for an Argentinian Air Operator’s Certificate, which is currently pending approval before the Argentinian government. In the application, Norwegian outlines plans for a considerable operation, including domestic and international flights.
Recommended for you:
- My Favorite Flights and Award Redemptions for 2017
- Which airlines fly the A380 in First Class – and how you can book yourself a ticket using miles
- Which frequent flyer programs will get you on the world’s longest flights?
- Qatar and Asiana emergency landings, 40% off Hilton Asia-Pacific, Etihad kills AirBerlin, AirBaltic sale, Sri Lankan adds Gan island & more
- Etihad layoffs and Air Berlin to be sold to Lufthansa – is Etihad really in trouble?
- Lufthansa & Etihad ‘mini merger’, new South African 330, RwandaAir A330 Business Class, World of Hilton, 2,000 points per Hilton stay, 70,000 Chase United card, buy access to Emirates lounges & more
- Lufthansa to buy Norwegian?, India’s Vistara to add international destinations, Air Belgium planning US flights, new sleeping facilities at Abu Dhabi airport
- Lufthansa & Etihad to merge?, new Centurion lounge, 50k Chase United card, a Cheap way to New Zealand, Cathay cutting further, 3,000 bonus points per Marriott stay & more
- 70,000 Chase Ink Plus Business Card – What are good uses of Ultimate Rewards points?
- Alaska Airlines Partners – which partners provide the best value when redeeming miles?
About the author: Torsten is a serial entrepreneur who started almost a dozen ventures on four continents.
Torsten's love for travel has brought him to 130+ countries and travel with most of the world's airlines.
You can reach Torsten at [email protected]
This post has been tagged with: Abu Dhabi | Air Berlin | airberlin | Airbus | aircraft | airline | AIRPORT | Airways | american | American Express | Berlin | Bloomingdales | BUSINESS CLASS | Cheap | deals | Dubai | Emirates | Emirates Airline | Etihad | Etihad Airways | flights | gift cards | Good deal | great deals | hyatt | Hyatt points | lufthansa | Norwegian | points | promotion | Qatar | Singapore | world | World of Hyatt
Don't miss - more topics from Mighty TravelsAAdvantage | Aegean Airlines | Aeromexico | Aeroplan | Air Canada | Air China | Air France | Air France/KLM Flying Blue | Air India | Air New Zealand | AirAsia | AirBnB | Airline Reviews | Alaska Airlines | Alaska Mileage Plan | Alitalia | American Airlines | American Express | American Express Membership Rewards | ANA | Asia Miles | Asiana Airlines | Avianca | Avios | Avis | Award Booking | Bank Bonuses | Best coffee | Best Rate Guarantee | Best Western | British Airways (BA) | Capital One | Cash Back Deals | Cathay Pacific Reviews | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Ultimate Rewards | Cheap flights | Cheap Passport Photos | Cheap Visas | Checking Accounts/ Bank Bonuses | China Airlines Review | Choice Hotels | Choice Privileges | Citibank | Club Carlson / Radisson | Credit Card Deals | Currency Arbitrage | Delta Airlines | Delta Skymiles | Destinations & Inspiration | Emirates Reviews & Skywards | Error Fares / Mistake Fares | Etihad Reviews & Etihad Guest | Expedia Coupons | Fare Monitoring Service | Frequent Flyer Programs | Fuel surcharges | Getaround | Google ITA Matrix | Hainan Airlines | Hawaiian Airlines | HHonors | Hilton Honors | Hilton Hotels | Hotel Corporate Codes | Hotel Deals | Hotel Friends & Family Discounts | Hotel Loyalty Programs | Hotel Reviews | Hyatt | Iberia | IHG Rewards Club | Immigration & Airport Security | Immunization | Japan Airlines | Jetblue TrueBlue | Krisflyer | Lifemiles | Lounge Reviews | Low Cost Airlines | Lufthansa Miles and More | Malaysia Airlines | Manufactured Spend | Marriott Hotels | Mighty Travels Premium | Mileage Plus | Mistake Fares | Mountain Gorillas | Norwegian | Online Shopping Mall Deals | Orbitz Coupons & Deals | Priority Pass Lounges | Qantas | Qatar Airways | Radisson Rewards | Rapid Rewards | Ryanair | Saudia | Singapore Airlines | South African Airways | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Sri Lankan | StarHOT | StarwoodONE | ThankYou Points | Things to Do (City Guides) | TOP Travel Destinations | Travel Agent Rate | Travel Deals | Travel Insurance | Travel News | Travel Tech | Turkish Airlines Review | Uber | United Airlines | United Mileage Plus | World of Hyatt | Wyndham Hotels | Wyndham Rewards |